• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So glad those dont have a medallion

Me too my friend.
wink.png

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the 804 last? How does it fit?

804 indeed.

I am about to find out here in a moment, as they are due for their maiden voyage.

Deets on fit momentarily.

Thanks.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, X-Post from the Skoak Thread. Enzo Bonafe' Balmoral Boots in Horween Mahogany Shell Cordovan:
image_zps6uhgkcam.jpeg
image_zpsjfa76udn.jpeg
image_zps0inuvqdu.jpeg
image_zpshscuni4q.jpeg
image_zpsv8a9gtcb.jpeg
Happy Wednesday!
I love my Aldens but man, I need to hang out over here more often. These are sweet.
So glad those dont have a medallion
Couldn't agree more. Would unnecessarily clutter an otherwise clean design.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peppercorn78

The 804 last is a little bigger than the 946, not much, but enough to give me a better fit for sure.

I really need an H width in the 946.

These fit me perfectly in a UK 9.5 G.

image_zpsinudjsjf.jpeg

All in all, fit is great!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Killer. I wonder if the leather was sourced from Horween. Do you know?

I've never known Horween to do pebbled cordovan. But anything is possible I suppose.

It's Horween. It's stamped the same way regular scotchgrain calf is. Ron has commented he could probably source more if he wanted to, although how that would hold up with the 'shell shortage' I don't know.

The Grain Shell is from Horween. I did a Cognac Grain MTO from Ron Rider a few years back.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Gentlemen, X-Post from the Skoak Thread. Enzo Bonafe' Balmoral Boots in Horween Mahogany Shell Cordovan:
image_zps6uhgkcam.jpeg
image_zpsjfa76udn.jpeg
image_zps0inuvqdu.jpeg
image_zpshscuni4q.jpeg
image_zpsv8a9gtcb.jpeg
Happy Wednesday!
@peppercorn78 The 804 last is a little bigger than the 946, not much, but enough to give me a better fit for sure. I really need an H width in the 946. These fit me perfectly in a UK 9.5 G.
image_zpsinudjsjf.jpeg
All in all, fit is great!
Your new Balmoral Boots are looking superb. I also like those slacks. -Mike

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Eddielch

I get the same size as F last. Indeed they are quite roomy in toebox but i wont recommend further downsize.
You may search Angelus acrylic finisher on ebay. Below is what i got.

is the "600" a good finish for the shell? do you find it too shiny or no? debating which one would be optimal

width

width

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kopped the 600 and 605. ill use the satin for casual shell pair and 600 for dressier versions. now to figure out how to remove water spots from used pairs of carmina, vass, and trickers

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My size, but should not be dropping that much so soon after getting my Harlechs. @makewayhomer

I decided just a week ago I was done with boots but I jumped on these. I love my 2 other pairs of C&J boots and whiskey shell...well I couldn't resist. Hopefully these fit like my 2 other pairs which are both marked 9D US...I think they should. Different last though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads