• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
the way to buy Krug, if you are in New York, is to buy splits for <$60. NV Grand Cuvee only.

alexg

Reaction score

I'm not sure anyone can answer that question for you in a meaningful way. I like Selosse, but I like barrel fermented Champagnes and think this approach adds another dimension to the wines. Some people don't care for the style. If you like Krug, Bollinger you may like Selosse. Whether or not it's worth it is solely up to you.

I guess I'm more asking if it's a good value in general compared to other ridiculous high end Champagnes. I've had high end Champagnes, but more in the $70 to $150 range than the $200 to $400 range like Selosse. I'm not really sure if it's worth the upcharge over something like Laherte Freres or Savart.

You are curious. If the price is good (wine-searcher.com) then why not try them? That way you will know if repeat is worth it.
Will you overpay for Selosse, Krug, Cristal, Chanel or Hermes at any reasonable retail price? Absolutely.

I'm getting it at wholesale, but it's still incredibly expensive.

the way to buy Krug, if you are in New York, is to buy splits for <$60. NV Grand Cuvee only.

I once saw a man drink 5 of those at the EMP bar. They were...more than $60.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Someone brought this as a gift to my birthday dinner this year. He purchased it back in the early 90s and it had been in his cellar all that time. It was wonderfully nutty and toasty and still had a fantastic bead.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Drinking this now, strikes me as firmly medium sweet, off dry ++ at the very minimum.

Interestingly, I was looking at the bottle and just noticed that it's 13% alc, which seems surprisingly high, given what seems to be a pretty good amount of RS

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

I once saw a man drink 5 of those at the EMP bar. They were...more than $60.

Wine shops will sell them in the high $50s. At restaurants, I've occasionally seen them for under $100 (at the Modern, for instance, not sure if that price still holds though).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
@CBrown85 here's a maker you might look for. I landed four of these @ $25 (Full Pull) and have enjoyed his Board Track line in the past. This is 2014 so going down to sleep.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm a big fan of Beresan Cabernet - FP offers it for, I think, $20 and I think the current vintage offered is '09 or '10

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I just stocked in six bottles of the '10 for that. I took delivery of six cases on Thursday from them.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@CBrown85 here's a maker you might look for. I landed four of these @ $25 (Full Pull) and have enjoyed his Board Track line in the past. This is 2014 so going down to sleep.

I'll keep a lookout. They don't seem to have it at the BCL but the local Everything Wine might.

I've really enjoyed Washington pinos in the past but I haven't had a non-blend cab in so l Nah I was hankerin'

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is Sellose worth it? Might be able to get a bottle each of the Initial and Substance, but they're pretty expensive.

I've had Selosse exactly once (Initial, about 3 years ago), and I liked it very much. I imagine you would, too, if you like the oxidative style in Champagne. It was worth the price to try it and see what the fuss was all about, but I can't really imagine buying it regularly unless I had much more money to throw around than I do. There's too much excellent Champagne out there at half the price or less, including some that I honestly prefer to the Selosse that I had regardless of price.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member