• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a pair of pants to someone who drove their car into old lady's house and went to jail for a few years.

Also that Etro paisley sport coat from a few months ago went to a dude who has done pretty well on the world poker tour, so I'm hoping I see it on TV one of these days.
Dude that SC was amazing, if it makes it's appearance on TV, let us know!

OolongT

Reaction score

My GoogleFu turned up an F. Rotan as an art prof at the University of Illinois. 

:worship: Your Google powers surpass my own. I think this may be the artist. Cardboard backing comes from a small Chicago based company which would fit the profile. Thanks for the assist!

I love the Bear tie.

Thanks! Only other time I found Polo Bear was before I knew enough to grab it.

Only "unique" sales I have made and recognized were a T&A tie to a high profile eBay exec, and just sent out a paisley Nat Nast to a well known country music artist in Nashville.

Heider

Reaction score
First post in here, slightly intimidated...

Not a lot of triftstores around here so finding anything interesting always brightens my day because of the amount of literal blood, sweat and tears that goes into finding it..

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a skeet to a WWE wrestler once and I sold something to an executive producer from The Big Bang Theory.

Sidenote: Finally got my camera and computer replaced after my house got burglarized a couple weeks ago, so I'll be able to post stuff again soon. New Macbook Pros are fast as shiiiiiiit. And I upgraded from my terrible PAS camera. Got a Sony Nex-3N. Got to take some photos last night for the first time in 3 weeks last night. As someone who knows nothing about cameras, it's really great. I'm sure it sucks if you have a really nice camera that you know how to work, but going from a Coolpix to something that actually shows the correct colors is pretty amazing.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sold a skeet to a WWE wrestler once and I sold something to an executive producer from The Big Bang Theory.

Sidenote: Finally got my camera and computer replaced after my house got burglarized a couple weeks ago, so I'll be able to post stuff again soon. New Macbook Pros are fast as shiiiiiiit. And I upgraded from my terrible PAS camera. Got a Sony Nex-3N. Got to take some photos last night for the first time in 3 weeks last night. As someone who knows nothing about cameras, it's really great. I'm sure it sucks if you have a really nice camera that you know how to work, but going from a Coolpix to something that actually shows the correct colors is pretty amazing. 

My wife has a Macbook Pro we bought last year. You're right, that thing is crazy fast. Good choice on the camera. I bought a Sony NEX-C3 3-4 years ago and have been really happy with it.

46n2

Reaction score
I had a dream last night that I was looking through the scarves and found an Hermes.
bounce2.gif
I got all excited and picked it up but it was rough like burlap and no hand rolled edges.
Then I looked closer at it and it said HERMYS made in China --->
ffffuuuu.gif
cloud.gif

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PB shirt is real. I've seen this shirt in Nieman Marcus.
The polos are kind of a thing, but I passed on a regular shirt bc the eBay sold wasn't very good for used stuff.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW I just realized we only have 3 or 4 cheapies nominations for 2015 and we're already through Q1. May the thrift gods be with everyone in Q2.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denim guys can I get an opinion of these? There is serging but isn't that half-selvedge underneath?

Guys, I really don't think it's selvedge at all. I see the red line there too, but it doesn't look like selvedge.

In order for a serger to do really great and clean work, it needs to cut off a certain amount of fabric so I think that it's the edge of a regular roll, not that they cut off the edge of a selvedge seam.

Here is an example of both sides of selvedge denim I just serged up for @Guitar Preacher . Sorry man, I think we all wanted those 505s to be great.

Inb4 brodeetz @barrelntrigger , this is a piece of the 12.5 kurabo

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admit it, you wish you were a wimmenz, and that size :D
As long as I get to keep my gains and have a big booty.

No need to wish any longer - or pursue the surgery for its wear!

Behold - the mens version!
Ahhhh ****, too small...

Guys, I really don't think it's selvedge at all. I see the red line there too, but it doesn't look like selvedge.

In order for a serger to do really great and clean work, it needs to cut off a certain amount of fabric so I think that it's the edge of a regular roll, not that they cut off the edge of a selvedge seam.

Here is an example of both sides of selvedge denim I just serged up for @Guitar Preacher . Sorry man, I think we all wanted those 505s to be great.

Inb4 brodeetz @barrelntrigger , this is a piece of the 12.5 kurabo

Oh ****, I think my Agave used the same or a very similar denim. Do you do work for thread bros, bro?

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear north Las Vegas is good. I have family that lives out there, but every time we visit we fly, and never have a car to myself to go explore. But they say it is good.

Report back on the area, as I'm curious with your first hand experience.

and they have a "good" marshall's on the strip beside the MGM grand. below street level. Only one I've been in that carried black fleece, charvet, and the most impossibly light 1/4 lined navy blazer by Loro Piana (which I passed on for $1000). every other one I've been in the best was BB Irregular ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads