• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i've been hitting most of the Goodwill, Council, Salvation Army, Discovery, random cosignment etc stores that I come across whenever possible for a couple of months now, and wearable shoes in my size (13 US, D fits best) are one of the last non-specific articles of clothing I have come across. I've seen wearable Ferragamo shoes in much smaller sizes a couple of times, and a nice pair of Ralph Lauren chelsea boots that missed the cut by 2 sizes once, but shoes seem like the hardest section to pick something up from by far. I haven't seen anything NOT in my size that has been in such a slam dunk condition that it would be a mistake not to buy them to trade to someone else, either.
Yea shoes are definitely the hardest to find, They're almost always the last thing I check cuz I never have faith....venturing out of the city and that same cycle of stores that I know quite well also helps.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This.

So, in keeping with (what I believe to be) the spirit of the thread, here's today's meagre-but-satisfying haul. All n/a.

Sulka tie (sadly with a small pull on the front blade); Incotex 1951 slow wear trousers (I don't know what that means yet, but it sounds cool); Trafalgar belt (eBay fodder); my first Paradise Found shirt. (That's the one people like, right?)

Paradise Found, despite being in my avatar, is my third favorite brand of aloha shirts... The "jungle bird" shirts are desirable, pretty much everything else they make is average. Tori Richard and Reyn Spooner make much better shirts in more timeless patterns.

namdaemun

Reaction score
Paradise Found, despite being in my avatar, is my third favorite brand of aloha shirts... The "jungle bird" shirts are desirable, pretty much everything else they make is average. Tori Richard and Reyn Spooner make much better shirts in more timeless patterns.
Just out of curiosity, how desirable are Tori Richard and Reyn shirts? Dollar wise, do they ever resell over $100 for non-limited edition ones?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped a couple cherries yesterday, and was able to deliver one to it's new home.

Teaser ****** Cell pic. HS SLP NWT.

Picked up this moto jacket for a buddy,
Odyn Vovk Oiled canvas body, black goatskin sleeves and trim.

Delivered it to said buddy, and it fit amazingly.

Not pictured:
NWOT Yohji Yamamoto Cap
NWOT SEV Colorblock Flannel
NWT Scott James Selvedge Chinos
O.M.G!!! Sexiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Well it seems brevity is the request, so for the sake of brevity and at the behest of @GM-H whom I have never spoken to or heard from, or is just entirely forgettable, weekend highlight reel as promised.

Inis Meain Tweed Bomber 30% Alpaca (Last Week, Tweed Cash Blazer)

RLPL Raw Selvage Jeans, Purple selvage seam

Gaziano & Girling for RLPL

100% Alpaca Inis Meain mock turtle. Soo heavy and so unbelievably soft

Vintage Matsuda Japan Blazer

Oh snap! Was this the Masuda you were talking about? Sweet! Another epic haul! Well done!

My TV shows bros, been watching Wentworth. It's pretty good. Give it a go.

Last edited:

Doomsticks

Reaction score
So, I turn 30 today and celebrating by thrifting my way through Copenhagen. Hopefully I will be able to bring a bountyful update tonight. Or I will spew my hatred for my neighbouring country.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
So, I turn 30 today and celebrating by thrifting my way through Copenhagen. Hopefully I will be able to bring a bountyful update tonight. Or I will spew my hatred for my neighbouring country.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score

GrAtTiZ! Have everyone seen the danish Pusher movies? Highly recomended

Here's the Gucci coat I talked about. Grenson boots on discount

And Opinel makes nice, cheap and very lightweight knives. Here's mine with modified handle

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this just happened - after a USPS fail last week I came in to the office and had this waiting in the mail for me:

I freaking love it - thanks Spoo and LS for such a beautiful gift and a great year!

guccihomme

Reaction score

Well it seems brevity is the request, so for the sake of brevity and at the behest of @GM-H whom I have never spoken to or heard from, or is just entirely forgettable, weekend highlight reel as promised. Inis Meain Tweed Bomber 30% Alpaca (Last Week, Tweed Cash Blazer) RLPL Raw Selvage Jeans, Purple selvage seam Gaziano & Girling for RLPL 100% Alpaca Inis Meain mock turtle. Soo heavy and so unbelievably soft Vintage Matsuda Japan Blazer 1 Grey POW with Beige Windowpane Cash.... 1 beautiful Navy blue, 14 Micron Always in the clutch. That Brioni staple solid navy Super 150s suit. Finally found me a single breasted one. Some Skeet for your pleasure And some FREE Cole Haan x Nike Air, Shearling Lined Navy Pebble Grain Leather House Shoes/Driving Moccasins, for mine You're welcome.
That Brioni is what I'm going to buy at thrift. I'm going to find it and it will be my size, under $20, before December ends! Your haul is amazing. I'm not into RG but I like the gold color a lot in the one you found.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
No fire intended, but I seriously hope Jompso is simpy Frenchy's erudite brother. That last selection is dinive. Inis Meain is a score anytime, anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads