• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I go, suits/scs - ties-shoes-light jackets sweaters-outerwear/pants

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

shoes --> outerwear --> suits/sport coats --> ties --> shirts

imho

This is how I roll through...

Shoes  ---> jeans ---> outerwear ---> sweaters/fleece ----> suits/sport coats ---> pants ---> shirts

Also, these showed up today. Poorly written Ebay list, FTW!

Last edited:

Close Horse

Reaction score
My route:
Walk past to look at the suits/sc racks on my way to the shoes, come back along the outerwear (at my most frequent GW, the rack is labeled Women's Coats, but it's about 40% men's) then ties, suits, shirts, pants, housewares.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped a few places - some nice suits, a tie, an overcoat....the usual fare. One item really baffles me, however:

NWT Willis & Geiger Leather Hiking Boots w/ Vibram Sole, Metal Eyelets, Thinsulate and other features

When did they stop making these boots? Any ideas? I am headed to eBay with them but, in all honesty, have NO clue what they are worth. First time that has happened to me with something. They are amazing....I will try to add pictures. :slayer:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heres a tip for you guys, 90's brand snapbacks are hot, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, DKNY ETC, I already sold this for 30$
the Made in USA wool rich fleece lined jacket shows some wear but i got it dirt cheap.

Some Vintage Tees, The yellow "Nobody kicks butt in wing tips" shirt Mister Mort wanted to buy until he saw it was yellow :p the "polo 2000" is my favorite.

Cabelas Duck camo jacket, and a XL burberry plaid shirt in great shape Im moving cheap.

Vanilla and Anise Jo Malone Bath oil, "Waltah Clarke" vintage board shorts dating from 1960's.

a slim vintage cashmere sweater from VERSUS by Gianni Versace, A Gucci shopper tote, Three vintage ties, two are YSL, One is Gucci.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shell?

This is a pair of AE MacNeils.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty good haul, what looks like

9x Turnbull and asser shirts
2x brioni
1x brioni trousers
1x incotex
4x uber recent brioni ties
2xhermes ties
1x kiton tie

Also this girl started talking to me, flipped over one of my ties and started saying that my kenzo tie was a sickkk find. She's like "I found some ysl pants", instantly thought it was gonna be licensed.
Boom some epic ass rive gauche pants
marry her...

klay49

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with online shoe cobblers? Found a nice pair of peal & co in rough shape... Wondering if it's worth the money to send them for refurbishing. Will post pics later

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

marry her...

I was more worried that she would learn the brands I had in my cart.. She said she found a hermes tie at that store.. Fuckkk that should have been mine haha
kiton, kenzos, brionis

Ez, recent givenchy, dormeueil, hermes

All Turnbull and asser mtm jan2014-apr2014

Samuelsohn cashmere windowpane sc

3x brioni, culturata

Incotex, brioni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads