• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maro2280

Reaction score
Picked these up today. They look like a cross between old Jordan's and snowboarding boots. I can't find any information on them. Does anyone know anything about them?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derail: wish I had a use for a 3D printer...now offered at Home Depot for $999. I used to be an early adopter - paid over a grand for my first scanner, but gonna wait until prices come down before considering a 3D printer...and then try to figure out what I'd use it for. Cool technology though.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read an interesting article this morning about tailor Martin Greenfield. I had no idea he was a Holocaust survivor. Apparently he has a book out as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1J24H7H71SK1WVEN8YSB

Sorry about your uncle, and the baby as well. Mine has been going through another change (10 months) that's been driving us crazy. Hang in there.

Speaking of MG, today I found a super minty from 2013 MG navy sport coat. Adrenaline when I saw the "Hand tailored in U.S.A." tag. Then to my surprise I found two shirts by MG as well, same store.

Then I pulled a Suitsupply Copenhagen that fit me. Again, I love thrifting in NYC...

TJGent87

Reaction score

Sorry about your uncle, and the baby as well. Mine has been going through another change (10 months) that's been driving us crazy. Hang in there.

Speaking of MG, today I found a super minty from 2013 MG navy sport coat. Adrenaline when I saw the "Hand tailored in U.S.A." tag. Then to my surprise I found two shirts by MG as well, same store.

Then I pulled a Suitsupply Copenhagen that fit me. Again, I love thrifting in NYC...

My my you're making me feel bad about leaving early these days.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richard Diebenkorn print from SF MOMA, $10.

IMG_0874_zps22530d42.jpg

Happy to find this as I'm a fan and used to own another Diebenkorn print (plus my apartment's walls are bare):

ocean-park-no-54.jpg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard Diebenkorn print from SF MOMA, $10.
IMG_0874_zps22530d42.jpg
Happy to find this as I'm a fan and used to own another Diebenkorn print (plus my apartment's walls are bare):
ocean-park-no-54.jpg
:slayer:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks thread peeps for mentioning Mister Hollywood, what is the f'n deal? Would have totally passed by, but something about the tag. The retail and resale seems nuts.

A seriously minty Brioni

Gustin 33w long

Mine!

Raiding the wmmnz because that's where all the chicks hang out. Rag & Bone mesh top

PRL payin' the bills.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it Marshalls? the name of the store some of you guys go to that have really good prices, not as low as thrift but still way below retail? Had the most awkward day thrifting...wound up spending $180 on hand rolled silk scarves and pocket squares and I don't know why.... also got this ridiculous mint vintage 3 piece suit that preliminary research leans towards it being fairly epic...@SpooPoker ....or anyone for that matter... is Marc Frederic made in France good? Went out of my comfort zone on this but for the price plus condition, I had to do it.

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it Marshalls? the name of the store some of you guys go to that have really good prices, not as low as thrift but still way below retail? Had the most awkward day thrifting...wound up spending $180 on hand rolled silk scarves and pocket squares and I don't know why.... also got this ridiculous mint vintage 3 piece suit that preliminary research leans towards it being fairly epic...@SpooPoker ....or anyone for that matter... is Marc Frederic made in France good? Went out of my comfort zone on this but for the price plus condition, I had to do it.

There's a bunch of places. Marshalls/TJ Maxx are the same thing. Nordstrom Rack, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Off Saks, etc. They're discount stores of overstock of their respective stores. You don't always find the best deals here but, just like thrifting, gems often arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members