• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't been out in the field much lately, but had a chance today. Came across what appears to be a jacket/windbreaker by Loro Piana? Not used to seeing their label like this. Plenty of hardware (zippers/buttons/etc.. ) marked as LP. Legit?

Very much so

nvious23

Reaction score
Pretty slow only a couple ties

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harris tweed sewn for me, Camelhair duffle coat for mrs., thicker type basketweave Hermes tie for myself.
Picked up BB Alden shell tassel loafers right in front of my most notorious picker. Knows I do not pick stuff not my size and was browsing quite relaxed when I grabbed them. Well I can break rules for shell and JPress. He says Hi, Greg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's got a tiny fray at the bottom (about half the size of a pencil erase), do you suggest I send it to Arctyrx for repair or leave it as is? I'm not keeping it for myself, it's too big.

If it's a "large" medium or a large, send it my way.
mwink[1].gif

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just disclose it in the listing. Outdoorsy people are pretty forgiving of minor defects in their gear.

R01gt

Reaction score

Hey guys, haven't been out in the field much lately, but had a chance today.  Came across what appears to be a jacket/windbreaker by Loro Piana?  Not used to seeing their label like this.  Plenty of hardware (zippers/buttons/etc.. ) marked as LP.  Legit?

That's a really really awesome find man - congrats!

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't been out in the field much lately, but had a chance today. Came across what appears to be a jacket/windbreaker by Loro Piana? Not used to seeing their label like this. Plenty of hardware (zippers/buttons/etc.. ) marked as LP. Legit?

Yes. Very nice. Mainline (as opposed to just using LP fabric / storm system cloth).

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Back to the scene of the crime.

Pair of heavyweight shearlings
LB SC 52R solid navy
SL RG France womens trench (wow)
Moschino womens piumino
..and I can't believe I'm saying this, but is this the Hilfiger Im looking for?

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm spending Friday night sipping on beer, holding a pocket square in front of my face and learning to dance from it while waiting for my girlfriend to get home so we can head up to Winstar for our Friday date.

sn0wman

Reaction score
Yes. Very nice. Mainline (as opposed to just using LP fabric / storm system cloth).
That's what confused me. I understand mainline for a chunky cashmere sweater, but I'm surprised they would take the time to make a simple windbreaker/jacket. And the label was bigger than I'm used to seeing. Appreciate the confirmation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads