• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku, I'm pretty sure this is the real deal, but is this the Tiger Stripe I'm looking for?

That is sick! This is the tiger stripes we've been looking for! ******* love tiger stripes!!!

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is real? seems to seem real but it's kind off with letters

Last edited:

s_allen_p

Reaction score
Has anyone, Canadians in particular, heard of the brand Arnstein? I picked up the below waxed, fishtail parka in the hopes we'll eventually get some rain here in California. Probably women's in that it's a medium, but fits me like a slim XS. Doesn't have all the details that some of the nicer coats in the category have, but has nice buttons, good double steel zipper, and thick leather pulls. Anyways, just curious as I can't find anything on the brand.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Some people are shy while others might have professions where it's more advantageous for them to remain anonymous. For instance, I have friends who are cops, who work in the private security industry and they do their best to hide their identity. So, I understand why some members feel the need to obscure their face while still be able to participate on forums. 

Yes, it's a Chinese signature but it's so artistic, I'm having trouble making it out. But will work on it by squinting and staring for a bit...
This could be a sketch of Hong Kong. The upper left Chinese characters are a bit hard to read...Squinting...

I have better pics if you want to see. I'm waiting to hear back from someone else, so hopefully we'll know soon.

Oh and pop!

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have better pics if you want to see. I'm waiting to hear back from someone else, so hopefully we'll know soon.

Oh and pop!

Deets.! I thought I found one a few weeks ago, ended up being fake

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NWT BB, current Talbott x 2, nicest Altea I've ever seen (I helped the women behind the counter get an item down from atop a tall cabinet and she gave this to me for free :slayer:), zegna

Clan Douglas THICK cashmere cardigan for me

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pickups from the last couple of weeks. Please accept my perpetual apology for cell phone pics. Everything but the last three is available.

I know it's a diffusion brand, but still has a good amount of hand work and it's a full suit.

Softest silk tie I've ever felt

The collar on this is a hidden button-down

Very nice Billy Reid specimen but too small for me unfortunately

This is an orphan but it's the best HF I've ever seen...nice gray nailhead

NWT Bill's Khakis with unfinished hems

Grabbed this before I really looked at what they go for. Not really much of a profit it looks like.

Color is actually a mint green, 100% linen with awesome MOP buttons. Anyone know anything about this brand?

Yeah, only Indochino, but it's in excellent condition. Maybe should have passed but oh well.

Florsheim by Duckie Browne. Been looking for wingtip boots and these fell into my lap.

I've been told these are made by Kiton. My size
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

My personal favorite: John Laing 100% cashmere v-neck in my size.

Not pictured: Sweet leather jacket from an unknown maker I picked up for myself and a BB Makers green foulard.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its actually Corneliani (I beleive only RLBL was made by Caruso and no longer is).

You can also bookmark (should work for mobile phones also, let me know if any issues) http://www.tailoredconsignment.com/who-made-this-suit

I asked a seller to clarify their listing for a PRL Italy blazer they listed as made by Canali...tag looked like Corneliani to me but dude insisted Canali makes them now. He had thousands of feedbacks and on ebay forever, and had detailed listings re: canvassing and construction so he knew his stuff, but it was the first and only time I'd heard the Canali claim.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@NATAKU, I'm pretty sure this is the real deal, but is this the Tiger Stripe I'm looking for.?

Edit: that patch says "Vietcong Hunting Club" and looks homemade.

Sadly not. I'd guess no more than 10-15 years old. The green colored label is pretty new. I think they switched to the green colored info label from white in the late 80's. The colors in that particular pattern are pretty dark. This pattern was used by the Seals and other Special Forces in the late 70's on.

The good tiger stripe is pretty bright. Hard to miss. There also most likely won't be any sort of label. Just a black size stamp near the collar (if it hasn't faded away). See below photos.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked a seller to clarify their listing for a PRL Italy blazer they listed as made by Canali...tag looked like Corneliani to me but dude insisted Canali makes them now. He had thousands of feedbacks and on ebay forever, and had detailed listings re: canvassing and construction so he knew his stuff, but it was the first and only time I'd heard the Canali claim.

I agree. The Corn for PRL tag looks very similar to Canali. But until now all PRL Italy is Corn (will be HF moving forward and that is a very easy tag to recognize).

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly not. I'd guess no more than 10-15 years old. The green colored label is pretty new. I think they switched to the green colored info label from white in the late 80's. The colors in that particular pattern are pretty dark. This pattern was used by the Seals and other Special Forces in the late 70's on.

The good tiger stripe is pretty bright. Hard to miss. There also most likely won't be any sort of label. Just a black size stamp near the collar (if it hasn't faded away). See below photos.

Thank you sir. I seem to remember you made a camo-identification post last fall. I need to find that and bookmark it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members