• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know you're doing something right when your biggest competition pulls up as you're walking out of a store, skips that store, and literally races you to the next store. :lol:

Another SF member in the area?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I knew something about furniture. This is probably nothing but looked nice and vaguely mid-century at $5. I found the exact same chair in a different state a year ago so have a pair now.

4639962A-FB54-4923-A291-E735A71C3125_zpszprgxalb.jpg

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

wilay05

Reaction score
Best tie haul to date. All from one store... ALL available, trying to make some extra spending money for the cruise I'm going on the 10th to Belize, Honduras, and Mexico!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

CT

T&A Grenadine(?)

T&A, very THICK!

Some loose thread on the small end, easy fix

Trafalgar Silk Braces

Thurston Limited Edition Braces

Mezlan Suede/Nubuck Black Loafers - 9M

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He may lurk here. He correctly identified some Adrian Jules pants I left behind just from the size tag, so he must have ventured here at least once.

But good news. A new thrift store is coming, and run by a local celebrity with serious connections. I smell good stuff in our future:

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/ent...e-treasuresstill-loves-shopping-but-se/ngkbj/

Will be down FL way in Sept - 10 days so if I get bored on Treasure Island might head down that way - never thrifted Palm Beach / Dade.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best tie haul to date. All from one store... ALL available, trying to make some extra spending money for the cruise I'm going on the 10th to Belize, Honduras, and Mexico!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
CT T&A Grenadine(?) T&A, very THICK! Some loose thread on the small end, easy fix Trafalgar Silk Braces Thurston Limited Edition Braces Mezlan Suede/Nubuck Black Loafers - 9M
Belize. Noice!! Jelly.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First off, pics are garbage and I apologize. Phone is dead, light is awful and the camera couldn't get much of anything. Better ones Sunday, I promise. Second off, almost all the Italian stuff is N/A because it fits. All the EZ and the Cucinelli. I'll figure out what I want to keep and what I don't, and if any of it becomes available I'll let the many who PM'd me know.
ANYWAY, So this morning I picked up a friend and fellow thrifter who does women's clothing and housewares. We had breakfast at the local greasy spoon and hit the road. I saw this: I saw this: \ (Aspesi, PRL, Etro, Hilo, RG, Baldessarini) And I saw this: (Osh Kosh, Eton, RG, RG, RLPL silk, Ike Behar with a great pattern) I saw this: (Jared Lang, Jared Lang, W+H, Corneliani, Rugby RL) I saw this: (d'Avenza shawl collar tux) and these: (Blackwatch Dunn in Harris Tweed, Dak's blazer) and this: Then, since I had so much fun at my family reunion last week, I thought I'd crash a few more. First I stopped in at the Cucinelli reunion: Then I popped in to see the Zegnas: Then I spent more money than anyone should at a thrift store: Then I had a beer and lunch.
6 Cucinelli, 11 Zegna, 2 Corneliani, 3 loud Skeets, two turtledoves, and a d'Avenza in a pear tree.
And now I'm sitting in front of my computer with thousands in Italian tailoring up top and no pants.
Sometimes I read posts like these, and I'm like [VIDEO][/VIDEO] but usually I'm like: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, black watch plaid, and the model is the Topster if I remember correctly. I LOVE these things and if that happens to be a large I'd be interested in acquiring it from you.

"Topster", hm? Thanks for the info. My dad recently gave me the one that his dad used to wear -- which makes it about 50 years old, and still in great shape.

I'd just like to have the waist taken in a bit, because otherwise it fits a bit like pajamas!

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've heard mixed things about Belize! Have you been there before? I'll only be there for a day and am looking forward to exploring as much as you can in a single day. 

Have not - do want to. Like that English is the language, they take US dollars, and places like Caulker Caye, the blue hole etc. Read mixed reviews as well but way more positive than negative.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Will be down FL way in Sept - 10 days so if I get bored on Treasure Island might head down that way - never thrifted Palm Beach / Dade.

Just a heads up: it's over a 4 hour drive from Pinellas County to Palm Beach County. Not trying to be ironically territorial.

Maybe hit up Dolfan954, last time I heard he was still in the Pinellas area. Also consider heading down the coast to Naples. That's only 2.5 hours and I've always had great luck there.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of keepers. In the field still.

vtg Gucci 100% cashmere

Everlane knit blazer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads