• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could 92 be the percent of silver content, indicating sterling silver?

Last edited:

s_allen_p

Reaction score

I have found stuff from TJ where the labels don't mention Oxxford but I'd bet my back teeth it was made by them. Handpadded lapels, Oxxford's signature long buttonhole...can't imagine there's anybody else doing that same work for them.

I picked a jacket off the racks a few months ago recognizing the buttons as Oxxford's. The only tag said "Ventura" (another had been removed). Everything about the jacket details said Oxxford, so I bought it and Googled it when I got home. That of course led me to Tom James "Ventura" line, and the debate about whether or not it (and other lines) are made by Oxxford. Having compared my Ventura side by side to an Oxxford, I can't believe it's made by anyone else.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thrift fit

island1_zps2968cd1a.jpg

island2_zps5e2727c1.jpg

vintage custom rayon shirt w/ MOP buttons (thrifted)
Uniqlo tee and linen pants
Margiela espadrilles (B&S)

island3_zpsdc653119.jpg

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I picked a jacket off the racks a few months ago recognizing the buttons as Oxxford's. The only tag said "Ventura" (another had been removed). Everything about the jacket details said Oxxford, so I bought it and Googled it when I got home. That of course led me to Tom James "Ventura" line, and the debate about whether or not it (and other lines) are made by Oxxford. Having compared my Ventura side by side to an Oxxford, I can't believe it's made by anyone else.

All the Ventura line I've seen were made in Italy.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, a thrift pic.

Comme Des Garcons heavy tweed
Iron Heart
Lee made in Japan selvedge
Hand made Japanese chukas

Now, some teasers. Walls and walls walls full of grails!

Now, the grails I coped.

All my size!!!!!!!! I'm so stoked! 80% of the stuff I find = not my size!!!!!!! I've missed some stuff I"m sure...Will update later. Oh yeah, multiple cherries poped!!!

Now, please excuse me while I clean some of my vomit off of Mrs. 38 R's wall...I've learned after 11 drinks while singing KTV of My Chemical Romance and Weezer will induce projectile vomiting!!!

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does one go about getting this kind of wear on a tie?

Sometimes, I get bored and scratch my beard with my tie. I guess it's not good for the ties...?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@barrelntrigger ! DUDE! AWESOME! GOOOOOKKUUUUUU.

@eazye !!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!! THOSE ARE SO NICE!

@ridethecliche , STOP DRINKING SO MUCH COFFEE. WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING!

TJGent87

Reaction score

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cross post...

Quick lunch break photo. Back into tweed this morning, likely the last time until fall. Though I would have chosen a different PS, the chest photo's flash exaggerates everything. Last two photos show accurate colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads