• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish56

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Picked this up today for free. The armhole lining is coming apart a tiny bit, but wouldn't be a difficult fix. Anyone that wants it, let me know. It is around a 42R (maybe L), unvented. If you cover shipping and box costs, it is free.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Picked this up today for free. The armhole lining is coming apart a tiny bit, but wouldn't be a difficult fix. Anyone that wants it, let me know. It is around a 42R (maybe L), unvented. If you cover shipping and box costs, it is free.

No pants on that? Anyway, welcome to forum. Awesome to see a first post here being an offer to proxy something. I hope to see you stick around.

irish56

Reaction score
No pants on that? Anyway, welcome to forum. Awesome to see a first post here being an offer to proxy something. I hope to see you stick around.
No, no pants; likely an orphan. Hope it can find a good home! Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got two pairs of suede strands during the AE 2 for 250 sale. I think neither is going to work for me and I was pretty bummed thinking that I was out 22 bucks for the return and would get nothing else out of it since their stock is probably shot after that sale.

Just found and grabbed these PRL's for 45 bucks on fleabay. Benchmade in Italy. No idea who makes them, but they look like they're in decent condition and they've got commando soles. Any idea on a maker?

How'd I do?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201046844897

Last edited:

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got two pairs of suede strands during the AE 2 for 250 sale. I think neither is going to work for me and I was pretty bummed thinking that I was out 22 bucks for the return and would get nothing else out of it since their stock is probably shot after that sale.

Just found and grabbed these PRL's for 45 bucks on fleabay. Benchmade in Italy. No idea who makes them, but they look like they're in decent condition and they've got commando soles. Any idea on a maker?

How'd I do?

I found a pair of suede PRL benchmade in Italy loafers a while back and held onto them for a bit.. Really really wish they had been my size. Once you swap the laces out on your eBay win, I'd say you did fantastic. Those shoes look great.

Last edited:

NicNac

Reaction score
A question for the veteran posters.

Are their other ways other than Ebay where someone could go to try and determine the value of something? I'm not looking for someone to give me a value (I read a few posts back that that's a no no) but just some guidance on where I could find some info.

I found a new with tags worsted wool Givenchy DB suit which looks like it could be from the 80's.

Thanks for any help!

Trust someone who's been trying to get rid of one for a few months now. It's isn't worth dick.

:D

Thanks for the input. I was hoping that it was worth something! Did you try and sell on Ebay?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thrifted myself a hot pair of hot speakers @ 30% off at my local value village:

for the uninitiated

Score! I found a Bang and Olufsen turntable a couple years back but unfortunately it needed a $400 replacement stylus so I gave it away
frown.gif
Love their designs.

Last edited:

gerbilunit

Reaction score

How'd I do?

seriously?

can someone find me suede in 7.5!? i've been searching all over :(

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does one go about getting this kind of wear on a tie?

wilay05

Reaction score

How'd I do?

nice! if those don't work for you, you know who to call.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

aglose

Reaction score

Noticed these on the end of the belt tip just now. Is the 92 the year it was made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads