• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A big shout out to GMmcl for an excellent transaction!!!!!!!!!!! He even hooked it up with extras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fistbump.gif

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, it's been forever since I posted. Just had time for a quick visit, and found this to flip:

Rag and Bone. It's actually pretty cool--you can button it up like a nehru or wear it like a blazer--but even though it's tagged 40, it's too tight for me. Priced fairly high, but I think I can flip it for more.

And these are for me:

I've been wanting dark penny loafers with an elongated toe for ages. They're AE, and I don't recall the model. Can't wait to shine them up and start wearing them!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found an Army helmet with cover (fiberglass and cotton) dated 1966. Gotta love Halloween season! Also a Haspel linen sport coat (44L).

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hating myself for not scooping up the 4 or so of these I had in my dream box about a month ago.

I have a collection of Salvatore Piccolo shirts, including the linen paisley shirt photo'd a page back.

I think it's the only one that seems machine made - except for the button holes.

All of the others I own are incredible!!!

They take 6 hours each to make by hand according to Barney's.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Today was a good day.
Robert Talbott Seven Fold (18/40) IIRC this is a point in the scavenger hunt too.

Brioni Peach kinda color shirt, 16/41. First Brioni shirt for me, I saw another one later but they wanted a boatload for it.

And, the best for last, my first Kiton. Black pleated pants.

And I didn't even have to use my AK.

Last edited:

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
36R Harry Rosen for a friend who has the piss-poor luck of being 36. 50/50 Cotton Wool, nice hearty texture

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Evil Abed

Reaction score
I was just talking about wanting an old card catalog for storing random stuff. Damn those are minty!

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An after work stop was rather successful but with your typical eBay fodder and little for myself save one suit. This A-2 Willis & Geiger jacket, however, was a first for me and at this stage a new first is always exciting. Coming to an online auction site near you....this thing is in absolutely amazing condition. I had to spend a good 5 minutes with it to figure out if it was worn or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads