• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not a lot today. Three of the stores I visited were closed for the Easter weekend, so I was pretty limited.

Prada pants, my size. Keeping for now.

Conte of Florence golf bag shirt.

Pringle polo

Silk pocket square:

This is actually one of those souvenir sqaures (not a scarf). I never buy them, but I loved the colors of this one. Machine stitched and no content, but almost certainly linen or a linen/cotton blend.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Finally made some finds today when the lady and I were out in the suburbs getting some things done. Everything is available.

Hickey Freeman made in Italy wingtips. 7D (not sure how a size 7 does but they were cheap)

Hickey Freeman suit 42S (this is somewhat recent label yes?)

Vintage Bemidji Woolen Mills coat. 46.

Gant Rugger The Woolster flannel. L (thanks DeadBoy) Size tag is cut off but looks unworn. Sadly a little too big for me.

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score

I thought the lick test was the best way to tell. Didn't the thread come to a consensus that was the most accurate?
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

DeadBoy

Reaction score
ilikelights I have that exact Gant Rugger Woolster shirt. It's great for cool weather days. Mine is a large... if you PM me the P2P I can tell you what size it is.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Finally made some finds today when the lady and I were out in the suburbs getting some things done. Everything is available.

Hickey Freeman made in Italy wingtips. 7D (not sure how a size 7 does but they were cheap)
Horrible, no one wants size 7. What 10 year old kid wears nice shoes like that anyway. We have big landfills here in NJ so you can just send them to me to dispose of for you.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: Shirt is def on the slimmer side so the T-Rex arms (32.5) should work for someone I think without much trouble. Came as a 'free' bonus with this guy below (which wasnt cheap), but should flip nice.

PS - Sorry for 2 posts in a row

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Sweet! I'm a big proponent of jeans/tie combination!
Thanks man! Sort of a dress down day at work, I was obviously still overdressed with no tie requirement, but I think the tie brings it together.
Found a SC, "Neosartioriale Lubiam 1911" Just wondering where it fell in the Lubiam line-up. Lining damaged in a few places.

Anyone recognize this label? ***Edit: Norman Hilton, thanks MZHammer!

Passed on a Helmtut Lang White label shirt, had damage (hole, pulls, staining), a bunch of Tom James Filo a Mano SC's, suits, Navy blazers, a pair of fugly squaretoe Mezlan shoes

Stuff I DID pick up: Allen Edmonds Belt (avail) & a football to keep in the trunk for the impromptu game of catch

Still in town I see??
devil.gif

Last edited:

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks man! Sort of a dress down day at work, I was obviously still overdressed with no tie requirement, but I think the tie brings it together.
Still in town I see??
devil.gif

Haha long story, but yes I am around. Plans are still to move up to Boston, but waiting for some things to line up.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is for the mechanics and the folk art lovers. This mechanics/work bench was in a charity thrift (the kind where street people come to get equipped). It was completely covered with auto and dealer badges. I thought it would be great in a tavern or diner setting but it would probably get stripped in a week.
Awesome! I also spy badges from 3 cars I have owned in the past (Ford Mavrick, Plymouth Duster and the long forgotten Mercury Bobcat which was their version of the Pinto).
Awesome! I know nothing about audio stuff, but remember seeing a reel-to-reel here recently. Saw this today, any good? I can go back for it.
I'd say pass. Worth maybe $30-$50. The one's you're looking for will look crazy with tons of knobs or gauges. Like this:
One find today. Red Wing Ansi Z41 steel toe Logger boots. Black. 9D. Vibram soles. First pair of Red Wing boots I've ever come across that didn't look like they've been to hell and back 3 times. The soles show very little wear. Available

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome! I also spy badges from 3 cars I have owned in the past (Ford Mavrick, Plymouth Duster and the long forgotten Mercury Bobcat which was their version of the Pinto).

What I like is that there are some local dealers badges plus one from Carroll Motors Durango (Co). There are probably more on the other sides.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had the day off

Left column: 7 pairs of unicorn zanellas
Right: Zegna by Incotex, Zegna by incotex, really nice hiltl, samuelsohn

Jil Sander waxed cotton trench coat with a removable wool liner, any idea on the vintage?

Very small Loro Piana Defender jacket

Outdoorsy stuff - sup Fueco - Clockwise from top right: Mountain Hardware Vest, Mountain Hardware Vest, Patagonia Baggies, Patagonia Capilene Fleece Crewneck, Smartwool full zip, Smartwool crewneck

Some more pants: Luciano B, Loro Piana, Ravazzolo, theres a pair of Vestimenta not pictured

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Lol, don't let SF's hatred for tie/denim steer you away from wearing whatever the hell you wanna wear!
devil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads