• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of the usual stuff lately.......but then there are the more interesting finds.

Some signed superhero artwork for my Son

A new washing machine for my Wife....was only $2!! Here it is on display in the laundry room:

And most importantly, 13 headless female torsos. Some are availalable:

DUDE. Did you THRIFT signed Ed Mcguiness artwork???

I nominate for find of the year for sheer awesomeness.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And most importantly, 13 headless female torsos. Some are availalable:

[He glances around nervously, making sure he knows where the door is and that Boogers isn't between him and sweet, sweet freedom] Why do you need more than one, and what are you going to do with the other ones?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't really the right thread for this, but does anybody recognize this tag? I was going through a pile of stuff I forgot I had and pulled out a blazer with this tag on it.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DUDE. Did you THRIFT signed Ed Mcguiness artwork???

I nominate for find of the year for sheer awesomeness.

$3 I think. In a frame along with some other rare stuff such as the Batman poster you see underneath. Framed the Mcguiness and hung it in my sons room and will sell the 3 or 4 other items from the frame.

[He glances around nervously, making sure he knows where the door is and that Boogers isn't between him and sweet, sweet freedom] Why do you need more than one, and what are you going to do with the other ones?

They needed to get rid of them at a store that was closing and the Manager basically gave me 13 for the price of 1. I bought one for myself (my Wife gathers Women's goods to sell) and then the rest I will flip.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$3 I think. In a frame along with some other rare stuff such as the Batman poster you see underneath. Framed the Mcguiness and hung it in my sons room and will sell the 3 or 4 other items from the frame.
They needed to get rid of them at a store that was closing and the Manager basically gave me 13 for the price of 1. I bought one for myself (my Wife gathers Women's goods to sell) and then the rest I will flip.

:lol: I figured. I was just being funny. Because that picture is creepy as freak.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Ya, my Wife isn't going in the basement right now......kinda freaky down there.

You guys are really vanilla.

Yayoi Kusama so freakyyyyyyyyy. Don't go down there!

And not 5 minutes later, spotted this photo on Highsnob:

The unexpected synchronicity of life.

Last edited:

yossi

Reaction score
I've been shuttling ceaselessly between home, work, and consulting gigs and haven't been able to thrift in a week and a half, so here's an out-of-focus thrift fit.

Tweed jacket is BB acquired from EazyE - thanks, man! Fits great after tailoring.
Shirt is thrifted Gant by MB, sweater is non-thrifted Uniqlo, jeans are thrifted Gap selvage.
Pocket square by Air Tie :embar:

* Edited to add spoiler.

Last edited:

tubs

Reaction score
BTW, Tubs: I think Cap is right. I think Mex started a spreadsheet like the one you suggest, and it ended up kind of petering out.
I replied to Cap's original response, but I looked at the old sheet and decided to keep going with mine because it was it more thorough. I think it can streamline the trading process much more effectively (by including fields for ideal shoulder measurements or a range of acceptable shoulder measurements for instance). Mine is more of a catalog of sizes and preferences as opposed to a trading ring.

Last edited:

Nell

Reaction score

Picked one of these up a month or so ago. Quality is decent, but the look on the SA employee's face when she saw the text made the purchase worth it. Busy week, but a teaser of what I hope amounts to the majority of my spring break financing.

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked this up at a consignment shop ($18) for the GF, so NA.

Taken after she wore it so yeah... wrinkly.

On the subject of LBCS

Dual vented, 3/2 roll

I have honestly no clue how you guys ID by tags, so is this St Andrews or Attolini? I'm guessing the latter due to the styling?

tentatively NA - checking my dad's measurements

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there was some discussion awhile ago about how **** ugly high end menswear jeans are, well, feast your eyes on this:

This is a recent Kiton ad, not one from the early 90's. I couldn't find this image online so please excuse the poor quality of my photo. Check out the dad jeans and hair cuts. WTF were they thinking?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have honestly no clue how you guys ID by tags, so is this St Andrews or Attolini? I'm guessing the latter due to the styling?

tentatively NA - checking my dad's measurements
Attolini. Check out the first page of this thread. Pretty easy to tell between Attolini and St. Andrews, both of which you should memorize because they make for others more than themselves.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/h...secrets-to-id-the-maker/1100_100#post_6049715
Nice finds, but is that an orphan? Is it patterned enough to be worn as a SC?

I know there was some discussion awhile ago about how **** ugly high end menswear jeans are, well, feast your eyes on this:

This is a recent Kiton ad, not one from the early 90's. I couldn't find this image online so please excuse the poor quality of my photo. Check out the dad jeans and hair cuts. WTF were they thinking?

[Rummages through closet] Yup. Got those. At the absolute pinnacle of fashion.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics of the Allen Edmonds belt I thrifted yesterday. I was lamenting just last week how I never find decent belts. This one was priced the same as a Dickies belt (which retails for 1/10th what the AE belt goes for) sitting next to it on the shelf at GW. Thank you thrift gods!

Also, does anyone know this Gant label?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads