• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiron

Reaction score

ebay'd a brag
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-Lucian...t-/170970892409?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I picked it up today, fits amazing, clearly no one looked at the tag. I thought it would be cotton, but no, its

100% CASHMERE!!! No padding, functional sleeves, and made by Partenopea. Super 900% pure sexual lava.

Nice, if it was listed around Christmas time it would have gone for 5x the current price. Sellers forget to do seasonal pricing this should have been a BIN /BO. Great deal.

rayxlui

Reaction score

I know this isn't really the right thread for this, but does anybody recognize this tag? I was going through a pile of stuff I forgot I had and pulled out a blazer with this tag on it.

Looks like Parteopenoa.

And to those that have bought stuff from me, I haven't been able to ship for three reasons.

School
Sick.
DM7 asking me for drugs :D

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well deserved. Your fits in WAYWRN have been on FIRE lately.
Personally, I find it almost as exciting as finding the item itself. I get that same rush of aesthetic pleasure and whirl of possibilities thinking of pairings. Then I pay the bill, and I'm :cloud:

On that note, thrift fit, same **** as before but with my new (to me) PRL by Corneliani hacking jacket.

I had it taken in a bit on the sides to give it a more fitted look. Zero padding in the shoulders, undarted with a ticket pocket, suede elbow patches, leather buttons and dual exhaust, herringbone tweed with a red windowpane. :slayer:

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been shuttling ceaselessly between home, work, and consulting gigs and haven't been able to thrift in a week and a half, so here's an out-of-focus thrift fit.

Tweed jacket is BB acquired from EazyE - thanks, man! Fits great after tailoring.
Shirt is thrifted Gant by MB, sweater is non-thrifted Uniqlo, jeans are thrifted Gap selvage.
Pocket square by Air Tie
shog[1].gif

* Edited to add spoiler.

Wow! That is a great fit! Just saying, if you get bored of it...
biggrin.gif

Pics of the Allen Edmonds belt I thrifted yesterday. I was lamenting just last week how I never find decent belts. This one was priced the same as a Dickies belt (which retails for 1/10th what the AE belt goes for) sitting next to it on the shelf at GW. Thank you thrift gods!

Also, does anyone know this Gant label?

I think most thrifter will only pick up Gant Ruggar but hey, if it fits you well...

ebay'd a brag
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-Lucian...t-/170970892409?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I picked it up today, fits amazing, clearly no one looked at the tag. I thought it would be cotton, but no, its

100% CASHMERE!!! No padding, functional sleeves, and made by Partenopea. Super 900% pure sexual lava.

Wow! This eBay steal of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Gaddamn! 33.5 in. length? Is this an overcoat?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On that note, thrift fit, same **** as before but with my new (to me) PRL by Corneliani hacking jacket.

I had it taken in a bit on the sides to give it a more fitted look. Zero padding in the shoulders, undarted with a ticket pocket, suede elbow patches, leather buttons and dual exhaust.

Hey Eazy, y u no take pic of u looking at Xmas tree spot?
biggrin.gif

csoukoulis

Reaction score

I had it taken in a bit on the sides to give it a more fitted look. Zero padding in the shoulders, undarted with a ticket pocket, suede elbow patches, leather buttons and dual exhaust, herringbone tweed with a red windowpane. :slayer:

******* LOVE that jacket.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Brioni Sweater XXL-

Loro Piana OCBD 18x37-

AE San Marco 10 D-

Brioni Cannes 38 x 31- (picked these up a few days ago and forgot to mention them- first time finding Brioni pants for me)

Polo Suede Oxfords/Benchmade- I'm guessing Cheaney?

sn0wman

Reaction score
Stromberg's? Are you in Albuquerque?

Found that recent Golden Fleece Oxxford in Tucson. Goodwill wasn't going to even put it in a store since it was half lined.. must be crap...

hucklecat

Reaction score
Pics of the Allen Edmonds belt I thrifted yesterday. I was lamenting just last week how I never find decent belts. This one was priced the same as a Dickies belt (which retails for 1/10th what the AE belt goes for) sitting next to it on the shelf at GW. Thank you thrift gods!

Also, does anyone know this Gant label?

Contrary to some on here the Gant above is a decent find depending on what you pay for it $4-7 is good. I think that model has shell buttons, likely 70's, USA made. Comfy too. Lots better than the new stuff with the exception of the Bastian & Gant Ruggers. I have the exact model on Ebay right now in fact.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Contrary to some on here the Gant above is a decent find depending on what you pay for it $4-7 is good. I think that model has shell buttons, likely 70's, USA made. Comfy too. Lots better than the new stuff with the exception of the Bastian & Gant Ruggers. I have the exact model on Ebay right now in fact.

Thanks, man. I thought it was on the older side (the collars are a bit big), but I really like it. I wore it to work yesterday for the second time (I actually found it in February last year). The only issue is that the sleeves are about 1/2" shorter than I'd like. Can't win 'em all, eh? IIRC, I paid $3. I don't think that store knew what they had.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of LBCS

Dual vented, 3/2 roll

I have honestly no clue how you guys ID by tags, so is this St Andrews or Attolini? I'm guessing the latter due to the styling?

tentatively NA - checking my dad's measurements
I own this exact jacket... My favorite in my closet. Why couldn't it be a 54!!!

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Among today's finds at half-price SA day ($2.50 a pop), Italian pants. They fit. Unfamiliar brands. Where do they fit on the food chain? "Generic Uomo?"

the middle one is 140s + cashmere, discovered with "feel test"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online