• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattR

Reaction score

half of the 35k haul :slayer: its insane, ill keep yall posted ive seen all labels here! like i just bought yooxs website, there will be special pricing for sf customers we are opening a pop up in nyc
labels so far ive seen men and women
tom ford
cucinelli
kiton
mattabisch
lanvin
burberry
ferragamo
prada
santoni
corneliani
hermes
dolce gabbana
churchs
etc etc etc etc

That's awesome all over. Diggit. :slayer:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suited, the other thing to think about is that if you're just starting out on eBay you're gonna have selling limits in categories like men's clothing... Something like 20 items per 30 days for the first 3 months. 

Went and hit a couple places today. I'm just gonna assume that Mox and Henry Boogers are sucking everything up, because it's been pretty dry out there. Pics of the one thing I got today and the stuff I got yesterday later. Might be able to hit one more spot today, but it's been pretty disappointing so far. 

These are the limits I am referring to, and my motivation for wanting to list some so-so items and gather feedback while I'm building an inventory of higher quality items which I'll then be able to list restriction free. I do not have the nuanced brand knowledge that others here have when it comes to lines with certain brands, brands that I normally don't wear - this thread will continue to provide insight, tho. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Mox C

Reaction score

Went and hit a couple places today. I'm just gonna assume that Mox and Henry Boogers are sucking everything up, because it's been pretty dry out there.

Heh. Not I. Aside from the shoes, I haven't found anything noteworthy in weeks.

Not that I'm complaining about the shoe finds. I prefer those anyway.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

half of the 35k haul :slayer: its insane, ill keep yall posted ive seen all labels here! like i just bought yooxs website, there will be special pricing for sf customers we are opening a pop up in nyc
tom ford
cucinelli
kiton
mattabisch
lanvin
burberry
ferragamo
prada
santoni
corneliani
hermes
dolce gabbana
churchs
etc etc etc etc

Wow! Definitely interested in this! :bounce2:

workthatwedo

Reaction score
My one tiny sip of water today, a Samuelsohn mid-blue SC in rare 38R!
(All my 38R brothas: I'm thinking of keeping but will fly a flag if I decide to let it go).
file-111.jpg

Love it. If it was 2 button, I would demand you let it go.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, really, what's this 35K haul...did Kanye forget to pay his public storage bill or something?

I...am...intrigued!

More boringly: Bill's M1 flat front size 38, broscomeatme

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
A few pics of what I got yesterday.

Here are those shells I asked about. Still no clue what they are other than "Genuine Shell Cordovan" as marked on the sole. Now I need to immerse them in a vat of Venetian Creme or Lexol and see what they look like.

Some cool cufflinks:
Just to be clear, the shells are/will be available, but I'd like to figure out what they are. Sorry though, I think these are too small for those of us with huge feet (!), I think the 75 in the side panel might be a size reference and that looks about right. It's raining tiny shells up here in MKE lately. (OK, two pairs, but up till now I usually found 12s and stuff)

7.5 you say...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

half of the 35k haul
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
its insane, ill keep yall posted ive seen all labels here! like i just bought yooxs website, there will be special pricing for sf customers we are opening a pop up in nyc
tom ford
cucinelli
kiton
mattabisch
lanvin
burberry
ferragamo
prada
santoni
corneliani
hermes
dolce gabbana
churchs
etc etc etc etc

Awesomeness!!!!! DIBS 36S!!

Septimus

Reaction score
half of the 35k haul
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
its insane, ill keep yall posted ive seen all labels here! like i just bought yooxs website, there will be special pricing for sf customers we are opening a pop up in nyc
Well... this is relevant to my interests...

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Other than the dior ties, you can probably sell everything. Just not for margins that I would be happy with. I think some Valentino stuff may actually be worth money, but since I don't know the difference, I pass on it all. And actually, the burberrys jacket/pants you can probably trick someone into buying, but it's not the "good" stuff.

Only chiming in to observe I HAVE the Val DB suit. Bought as an employee. Loved it then and now. Not made by Isaia, but it's still got great lines. Will post a thrift fit next time I wear it -- maybe tomorrow.

na this wasnt thrifting lol

I don't care WTF it was, it gave me a massive, RAGING ... well, you know the rest; don't want the mods on ******.
Srsly interested in hearing about my size.

Did a little flea marketing and thrifting today. A couple of Ebay fodder ties (Pink, Boss). Was centimeters away from buying several MCM and mission style pieces, but got cold feet at last minute. Also had my hands on a great 100% cashmere glenplaid piece until I realized that the buttons were on the wrong side. SHE WAS A MAN, MAN!

Anywho, here's today's thrift fit:
Shirt: Aeropostale, gift from HS girlfriend 20+ yrs ago
Tie: Hilfiger, Ebayed by me before I knew better
Denim: Eddie Bauer, with some customizing care of my bathroom remodel, thrifted by me
Time spent with daughters 1 and 2, priceless.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the stuff I found this weekend

A wide-wale Orvis cord blazer... size 40R but fits me well, n/a

The best part is that it was $3.98 + tax and I found a quarter in the pocket

Canali tan / blue glenplaid SC, 56 R EU available

Hickey Freeman micro-houndstooth SC slim 41 R, available

Got this clock for my place

NWT BB merino wool cardigan, XL with big smoked MOP buttons, available

The brothers of the blackwatch NOS flannel BB pants I found last week. These are also NOS vintage BB that are unhemmed and likely around 36 waist. Available

Here's the dark gray Corneliani for PRL trousers, 33, available but pre-dibsed by Patrologia

A decent pair of scotchgrain AE Becker's, size 9.5D, available pretty cheap if someone needs some decent beater / rain shoes. These are obviously pre-cleaning, etc.

That plus a couple things for me... not an exciting weekend

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the stuff I DIDN'T pick up

Anyone seen this before? This was a flannel plaid shirt. Is this cone mills like the denim?

Kinda cool desk. This ring a bell with any of you furniture guys?

Gray flannel Lubiam suit. Probably around a 38. Lubiam doesn't flip that well, so I left it, but it's been there a couple weeks so if someone wants it I could proxy.

This one made me sad... Really nice until I saw the moth hole

J Peterman doesn't seem to flip consistently. This Tiroler Loden was tempting though. Probably around a 46, I think, if someone is interested. Missing a couple sleeve buttons, but otherwise good, I think.

Evil Abed

Reaction score

When you start finding the boxes of big sizes and wonder to yourself "who the f would fit in this", remember the answer is very possibly me. Congratulations and I can only imagine the constant Christmas morning vibe every time you open a box. Your face probably hurts from smiling so much!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More from Friday Afternoon.....

Amana Shirt Jac 42S

Aquascutum Top Coat

Aquascutum Trench Coat

Bailey Flannel Hat XL

BB Glen Plaid Flannel 42L

BB Blue and Brass 48L

Old Label Burberry Glen Plaid SC 46L

Daks Green Hunt Check SC 44L

Facis Firma SC 46L

Harris Tweed Herringbone 43R

Lord Baltimore SC 44R

Lubium Luigi Bianchi Mantova SC 44L (proxy'ed by Dustinhimself)

Realistic Nova 20 Headphones

Pendleton Overcoat (proxy'ed by dustinhimself)

Pendleton Tweed 44R

Southwick Blue and Brass 40S

Stetson Soveriegn 7 1/4

Wooden Button Canvas Tweed 38R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads