• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
hey guys you remember that leather backpack I posted a while ago, I have decided I am going to sell/trade it after all and wanted to give you guys a chance before ebay to avoid hassle and because I got a couple pm's about it
spam[1].gif

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

spam%5B1%5D.gif
 hey guys you remember that leather backpack I posted a while ago, I have decided I am going to sell/trade it after all and wanted to give you guys a chance before ebay to avoid hassle and because I got a couple pm's about it 
spam%5B1%5D.gif

You would now that I finally splurged and bought a Filson...

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Either your PTP or your shoulder has to be off - the PTP indicates it is about a size 33? I think it would be in boy sizes at that point. The Shoulders are more like what you'd see on a 42 or larger.
If they are right, I think this suit has been heavily altered, and you will have trouble finding someone for it - even though it looks really nice.

Deja vu.

Didn't we have almost exactly this phenomenon with an incredibly similar suit a few hundred pages ago?

When I saw that pit size, I couldnt help think of Brianpore. Then I couldn't help think: Where the hell is that broseph?

We did and I was the culprit then also. I'm bad at measurements, what can I say? I'm the perfect combo of lazy and dont really give a damn

I'm a 40-42 and the jacket fits me perfectly. The sleeves are a bit short on me but I have monkey arms. I'm happy to simply ship the item to anyone interested and if it works, great. We can work something out at that point. If it doesn't, just ship it on back.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my experience, yes. I have tried several methods of getting stains out of silk ties. Perhaps 1 in 10 worked out.

Well, I tried it on wool and ended up murdering a unicorn (I.e., ruined a sweet pair of flat front Zanellas). The secret of oxy is hydrogen peroxide - a powerful bleach. So if you do it, I would dial back the concentration and leave it on for less time. I've also found Oxy tends to be a dispersant: it takes the stain and wicks it along the fabric. So I've found that spot treating diffuses, without removing, the stain. Best results are when the item is completely immersed.

Give it a shot and see what works. Keep us posted so we can learn from experience.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I tried it on wool and ended up murdering a unicorn (I.e., ruined a sweet pair of flat front Zanellas). The secret of oxy is hydrogen peroxide - a powerful bleach. So if you do it, I would dial back the concentration and leave it on for less time. I've also found Oxy tends to be a dispersant: it takes the stain and wicks it along the fabric. So I've found that spot treating diffuses, without removing, the stain. Best results are when the item is completely immersed.
Give it a shot and see what works. Keep us posted so we can learn from experience.

Lesson learned: Do not submerge jean's leather patch in Oxyclean water mix...the tan off of the leather bleeds crazily into the fabric. Zegna jeans ruined? We shall see...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some fun stuff today, 3 more slim fit small BB shirts from the same guy I got the other 5 from last week, ss madras, ocbd, and plaid. N/A

This awesome CT Black Label, Tailored Fit, club collar shirt with MOP's. I picked it up to trade because it says it's a 16.5 x 34 but fits me perfectly, so N/A.

And this bad boy, working Ronson Roto-Shine Magnetic shoe shine kit, with all the trimmings.

Which I don't really need, because I've got this:

But I couldn't just leave it there. Could I? :devil:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And those vintage French Shriner shells I picked up the other day are shinning up nicely. :slayer:

Mox C

Reaction score

For my Rochester friends.....I just picked up Bob Duffy's Zegna and HF suits at my local Goodwill. His Jos. Bank stuff is still available. :slayer:

Nice find! *jealous*
I had the urge to hit out that way yesterday, but was too wiped out to do a full circuit. All I found on my side of the city was a pair HF SC in 44 extra-long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads