• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Florsheim Burgundy Ankle Boots 8.5D, if anyone is interested, they are cheap. I picked them up for a quarter at a charity garage sale at my wife's work, anything i get above a quarter, will be donated back to the Alzheimers Association.

They cleaned up nice, sole is worn but still has some life in it.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't find any Breitling's for ten bucks...nor a whole lot else for that matter (normal stuff - PRL, Robt Graham etc). Though a few things might be worth sharing, and I do have a few questions on two things if anyone can favor me with some knowledge.

This vintage Brooks Brothers 3/2 roll coat:

...has only these 3 tags:

...and is lined as such:

Questions:
- What would you guess the coat is made of, given the care instructions? There is no content tag.
- The smallest tag reads "Brooks Brothers" and has a sideways number "37" in blue ink, almost faded. Could this be a size 37?? I wear a 42 most of the time, and once I hunch up I can get into it and while it's too small it's not so small to make me think it's really a 37...
- With it half-lined on the back, and fully lined inside the fronts...is that 3/4 lined? Or just "half-lined" referring to the back?

One other with a question - this Barneys New York shirt:

...has this tag on the end of the placket:

...only GB that comes to mind is Gitman Brothers - did they do shirts for Barneys?

Some more of what I grabbed today:

Bottega Veneta tie.

Entourage season 1, two-DVD set, only a few fingerprints, and only $2.92 at GW.

This hand-painted plate...because I collect oddball stuff like this for my Gallery Of Questionable Art.

Barbour "The Simple Shirt."

Peter Millar pink short sleeve, for next year.

Brooks Brothers Special Order - never seen this tag before.

T&A tie.

All unavailable at the moment. TIA.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the top half of a brooks brothers wash and wear poplin suit. It's a poly cotton blend, the 37 might reference the pant size in which case the jacket would be a round a 43(?).

I really love the old BB wash and wear suits, but the sizing is impossible (I have a hunch they may shrink over time.
. As such I have yet to find one that fits for example I have a "42" that fits like a 40 L

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pictures tonight because my camera's flash sucks.

However, I picked up a made in Italy Brooks Brothers 1818 MAdison blue pinstripe suit. IT couldn't be much more than a year or so old and in perfect condition. A Samuelsohn navy blazer and a charcoal grey Samuelsohn suit. Both are full canvas construction and more hand work than I've seen on Samuelsohns in the past. Hand attached collars and lots of pic stitching.

Finally, I picked up a pair of J&M Aristocraft full brogues. Made in the USA with very nice calf leather and Goodyear welting. They're 7 Ds and Brian has been PMed.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the top half of a brooks brothers wash and wear poplin suit. It's a poly cotton blend, the 37 might reference the pant size in which case the jacket would be a round a 43(?).
I really love the old BB wash and wear suits, but the sizing is impossible (I have a hunch they may shrink over time.
. As such I have yet to find one that fits for example I have a "42" that fits like a 40 L

Ah so - thank you for the info! So it makes sense why the jacket almost fits me - I didn't measure and just tried it on in the store...and only really bought it because of the 3/2 roll which is pretty uncommon to find in any coat around these parts. Grazie!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I was a bad ass with the Darltons and then Nat pulls out a Breitling in the box with papers. EPIC finds right there. Congrats Nat.

The Darltons are pretty badass too. Interested what your eBay search was that found 'em...

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pictures tonight because my camera's flash sucks.
However, I picked up a made in Italy Brooks Brothers 1818 MAdison blue pinstripe suit. IT couldn't be much more than a year or so old and in perfect condition. A Samuelsohn navy blazer and a charcoal grey Samuelsohn suit. Both are full canvas construction and more hand work than I've seen on Samuelsohns in the past. Hand attached collars and lots of pic stitching.
Finally, I picked up a pair of J&M Aristocraft full brogues. Made in the USA with very nice calf leather and Goodyear welting. They're 7 Ds and Brian has been PMed.

What size is the navy blazer?

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hit 3 places with a friend today. The only thing I came up with was a Samuelsohn SC. It's sweet though and in excellent condition. Beautiful fabric, 44R, single vent.
Unfortunately way too big for me.

file-100.jpg

file-101.jpg

file-97.jpg

file-98.jpg

file-99.jpg

workthatwedo

Reaction score
I hit 3 places with a friend today. The only thing I came up with was a Samuelsohn SC. It's sweet though and in excellent condition. Beautiful fabric, 44R, single vent.
Unfortunately way too big for me.

And if you wanted to know how to rock such a thing, check out TOF

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Hey! I just did some catching up on ~ 200+ posts and can't believe the stuff that has been turned up! Tiffany gold cuff links? Framed vintage map? NIB Breitling?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I haven't really been able to make it out the stores as much lately, so this is more of a recent brag...

Vintage 1946 Ivy League University of Pennsylvania "Football Staff" Letter Jacket. SOLD for $499.99!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Also, I've decided to make a serious try at vintage consignment through my Etsy shop now that I've developed a small following there and have a couple of good (for me, anyway) sales under my belt. I currently only have a couple of consignment pieces in the works (one of which is from a fellow thread-member here,
fistbump.gif
). Shoot me a PM if you turn up anything interesting that you think might fit in with the overall theme of the shop and we'll see if we can work something out.

Here's a vintage Gloverall for BB duffle coat from one of the guys on here that's currently in my Etsy shop:

Thanks!
-M-

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Literally. The lady emptied her late husband's (bio-medical inventor) desk contents into three boxes. Everything. Computer parts, blood pressure things, markers, papers, everything. Even a check book made it in there (gave it to her, saying she probably didn't want to sell that). She complimented my ambition to dig through "all the junk". got it for $10.
Yes, it's real. Had it looked at today. Has the papers and everything. Sorry for the crappy cell phone photos. They were taken right as I dropped it off at the jewleler's to have a new battery installed. Breitling Aerospace Navitimer. Titanium with what looked like gold accents.

Men's Breitling NAVITIMER AEROSPACE TITANIUM

PumbaJawDRop.gif

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nataku, Gucci is real and the Breitling is a siiiiiick find. Keep us posted on your sales price!

Thanks Spoo!

Thanks everyone, it's definitely one of my better finds. Just goes to show, you never know what you're gonna find.

Also, I have a pair of British Walkers shell cordovan oxfords up right now. 825 views and 60 watchers! What!?! This name isn't even that well known. I remember inquiring about how to be featured on Put This On a while back after reading how people's views, watchers and ending prices spiked because of PTO. Well, I thought "Maybe...just maybe..." and took a look. Sure enough on Sept 5th, my shoes were on the list. Woo Hoo! :bounce2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members