• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomore

Reaction score
Local spot had 6-7 of these vintage dead stock made in USA snap T Patagonia fleece pullovers in cool patterns. Left my wallet in the car so I grabbed them and put them behind the register and ran to the car.

Came back and some dude was walking out with them already... He didn't even look me in the eye. Asshole. He left one.

My fault I guess, had just gotten lunch so I had my wallet out.

Also this cool J Crew unstructured Madras SC with horn buttons wish it fit tagged S fits 37/38R will prob hold until spring summer.

Not pictured, icebreaker merino wool shirt haul. All for me. All NWT

Last edited:

Towers

Reaction score
I went to Marshall's based on some of the nice finds other people here have found--what a pile of ****--jelly of you guys pulling rlpl and Kiton from yours.

Randomore

Reaction score
Forgot these. Minty! Fit really slim, I want to make them work for me but they might be too slim...

Carson street Clothiers chinos. Tagged 32. Made in USA. Tentatively unavailable but pm me if interested going to ask my tailor for his opinion.

Thread first? Haven't seen anyone else post them before, this stuff is QUALITY!

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today's stuff -- NA. PS is Ashear, others are no-name (belt is from the Gap, which is worse than no tag, but my need for a black bridle belt is limited enough that it's okay).

Sulka is a cherry pop, from the "children's costume" section, and minty. Lucky me.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight? Once an item is marked with a yellow tag at Marshalls, is that the lowest it will ever be? Or are there further markdowns?

I was told yesterday that they'll keep marking things down. Yellow tag is the "lowest price," but that doesn't mean you won't find something with two or three generations of yellow tags on it. Marshalls will keep reducing things until they sell.

wilay05

Reaction score
I was told yesterday that they'll keep marking things down. Yellow tag is the "lowest price," but that doesn't mean you won't find something with two or three generations of yellow tags on it. Marshalls will keep reducing things until they sell.
thanks for the insight! found some really good stuff but after closer inspection, most had small defects! might be worth a grab if they mark it down further! A day of near misses for me!

SCoNE

Reaction score
Some firsts today and some potentially questionable items, but let me know what you think!

No-name Made in USA Polo Coat

Lots of vintage Brooks, Hardy Amies, Gant, Santa J. Press, Old ass looking Sulka, Polo, and a couple randomers

Samuelsohn Blue Blazer with Working cuffs 46XL

Burberry buttons?

Unfortunately a bit old. Thought this said Bill Clinton at first.

Another Samuelsohn 46XL

Trafalgar Belts

Harris Tweed 40L (I don't want to hear it)

And another.... 38R

Cameltoe Camel Polo

Chaps for Barneys 39R

Chaps for Saks 39R

Pretty New Topsider A/O's

Brooks Brother's by Alden.

How do I know they're Alden? Not difficult when...

Pink, Burberry's, Turnbull & Asser Tux shirt NWT

HF Merino feeling LS polo

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Marshall's based on some of the nice finds other people here have found--what a pile of ****--jelly of you guys pulling rlpl and Kiton from yours.

A conversation I had recently with a store manager at Ross (think cheaper version of Marshalls with lesser stuff) tells me that they (and Marshalls and TJ Maxx as well) move stuff around to different markets where they will sell quicker. If you're in an area where the vast majority of men don't dress up for work (as I am), you probably won't have good selections at these stores. And within the markets, the stores' selection can vary dramatically! A quick Yelp search tells me that I have at least 25 Marshalls and TJ Maxx stores within 100 miles (!!). I've seen Kiton and RLPL at some while others have nothing better than Michael Kors. The best stores seem to be the one in nicer neighborhoods... Sad, but true. Fortunately for me, that means that my local TJ Maxx store is one of the better ones. Since it's only a <5 minute drive from home, it gets checked often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads