• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we still talking about cool dudes? Ok, good, then I want to give a shout out to one of the coolest dudes on this site, Mr. 330ck. I received this in the mail today, along with a vintage A&F (the good kind) robe for the Misses.

******* RLPL goat suede A-1 blouson! I'd been drooling over this jacket for the better part of a year and a half. I can't thank you enough! :cheers: :fistbump:

Last edited:

wilay05

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight? Once an item is marked with a yellow tag at Marshalls, is that the lowest it will ever be? Or are there further markdowns?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any insight? Once an item is marked with a yellow tag at Marshalls, is that the lowest it will ever be? Or are there further markdowns?

yeah yellow usually means that's the super sale price. you can tell as this often occurs after numerous red sticker markdowns that are just stacked on top of each other until there are 4,5 or 6 reductions piled up. the last one will be yellow indicating "get this thing the hell outta here!" occasionally if something really sits around after that another yellow reduction may me added but in my experience that is not the norm. hope that helps and you scored something good :)

SCoNE

Reaction score
Freaking GW boutique. Burberry's and Burberry London: $50 and $30. I think this is a no-go, but any input? Good condition and I think recent.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Freaking GW boutique. Burberry's and Burberry London: $50 and $30. I think this is a no-go, but any input? Good condition and I think recent. http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1113884/width/200/height/400[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1113886/width/200/height/400

Leave them.

Last edited:

COtoKS

Reaction score
Jesus GMMcL.

Wish I would've found this stone cold mint vintage Starter before the Chiefs **** the bed.

Also grabbed this NWOT Pendleton with suede elbow patches

and these obnoxious NWOT Red Monkey Company selvedge jeans which the internet tells me are in fact a thing.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus GMMcL.

Wish I would've found this stone cold mint vintage Starter before the Chiefs **** the bed.

Also grabbed this NWOT Pendleton with suede elbow patches

and these obnoxious NWOT Red Monkey Company selvedge jeans which the internet tells me are in fact a thing.

nod[1].gif

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are indeed a thing, but they are also VERY often counterfeited. There are some good guides you can find by googling, including one on the Red Monkey website. Have a look at them, check the pockets inside, check the color of the tag inside, check the patch (make sure it is real leather), check the buttons and rivets. All the standard stuff. I've been burned on them before.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple finds from yesterday:

Unworn? Eddie Bauer leather Journeyman bomber. My size. Definite keeper. Only a year old and stone mint. $20

Same one still on the website:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/p...ategoryName=EB&viewAll=n&pg=1&cmPathInfo=null

Brooks English brown captoes. Available

Vintage-style silk jeweled dress from Australian designer Alannah Hill. Tagged 10 but fits like a US 4-6. Available.

Their stuff is pretty pricey new.

http://shop.alannahhill.com.au/dresses/starry-night-skies-dress-from-449.html

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not something clothing related, but I thought this was cool.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooks English brown captoes. Available

That's a gorgeous jacket. You'll wear it well!

What size are the Brooks? Does it say 11C or is there any chance they are wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads