• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thoughts? Any idea on the maker? Looks recent and well made (fully canvassed, handwork, etc.). Made in Italy. Likely an orphan, but a passable color for a SC so I figured what the hell.

Are you sure regarding that being fully canvassed and having lots of handwork?

I seem to recall finding a cache of maybe 20 of those about 9 months ago. They didn't seem nearly that nice.

Then again, I could certainly be mistaken. I had just started thrifting at that point.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just won a 60s levis big e indigo tucker jacket for 45 on flea bay. bid 30 seconds before ending. pics later. more than what I wanted to pay. oh well. Canadian tuxedo time!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Brooks Brothers trench. Might be available. 40R. Can anyone put a date on this thing?

chiron

Reaction score
The BR suit is outlet...

My recent finds:

RRL white L/S shirt, tagged M but fits like a small.

APC Original standard selvege, tagged 33W and 32 or 33 inseam. Leaning towards keeping these.

NWT BB Makers tie.

NWT Banana Republic suit for the bay

Lucky Brand jeans for me :embar: .

Kroon navy linen SC. 44R. I've seen this brand in Nordstrom. Not sure of quality. Unstructured, body hugging, distressed, working sleeve buttons, really nice. Could use pressing/dry cleaning.

Unbranded silk PSs
The BR suit is outlet...

Props to JKidd and GMMCL for a couple of kickass trades recently.

Thread has lost some steam. Someone needs to come and blow up this thread with some cool ass shizzah. :puzzled:

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shout outs to NATAKU and Wes for awesome hook ups! NWT Ford and EB canvas and leather bag and a blackwatch SC!!!!!!!!!!! Both are in freezer now!

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Props to JKidd and GMMCL for a couple of kickass trades recently.

Thread has lost some steam. Someone needs to come and blow up this thread with some cool ass shizzah. :puzzled:

I've done multiple trades/sales/purchases with both Shiny and GMMCL and they are both great guys to deal with. :cheers:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess that suit made in HK with Loro Piana super 160's might be more valuable than I thought. I guess this is a pretty reputable tailor over there...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a pretty good day today. Picked up some really cool stuff.

This thing feels real. Ugly as sin, though. Nothing seems off. Store had a LV right next to it that had suede lining and real leather, but some stitching was a little off and the brass latch on the front just seemed cheap. Didn't take the gamble after my Hermes scarf fail. Ate $40 on that one,

Couldn't leave this vintage Emilio Pucci scarf behind. Sadly it appears someone volunteered it for a tie-dye party. Couldn't leave it for $1, though. Found at the same store as the aforementioned Hermes, Chanel and Ferragamo scarf hauls. Wonder what ones were missed.... :uhoh:

Recent J. Crew navy cowl neck sweater. XL

J. Hilburn flat front trousers. Love these! Apparently so does someone else in my size in the area. Been finding these one at a time for the past couple years now.

This is why you look in the women's section folks! Etro navy flat front cotton chinos. Mint condition. Men's Eu 54.

Then I found these for my wife. Her expression when I showed them to her: :bounce2:

..........and then we have this. A black flannel tuxedo from January 1939. Stone mint condition! The sleeve lining is not discolored at all and shows absolutely no wear. Check out those lapel blades! Fits like a 42 R

Jacket -

Chest: 22"
Shoulders: 19"
Sleeves: 26 1/2" with 3/4" to let out. No faux button holes for easy alterations
Length (from top of collar) 31 1/2"

Trousers -

Waist: 16 1/2" (33 waist) with 2 1/4" to let out
Inseam: 29 1/2 " with 3" to let out
Cuffs: 1 3/4"
Leg Opening: 8 1/4"

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was away for the weekend and just ploughed through hundreds of posts to catch up. Great finds and all-round great thrift pics.

First, thanks to all who commented on my thrift fit last week. I still feel like a complete novice dresser compared to some who post here.

Here's another thrift fit from this weekend. I took my 2 youngest skiing to a Rocky Mountain ski resort just outside Banff. Thrift fit:
Descente ski jacket (thrifted)
1980s-vintage Alpine Joe stretchies (thrifted)
Goggles (borrowed from a guy in the rental shack)

Some pictures from the weekend:

Going up the chairlift

At the top:

My two youngest about to head down:

This is the ski-out route. That's my youngest and behind her on the cliff face is an icy-blue frozen waterfall.

Okay, on to the finds. I stopped at a few thrifts in Calgary. Man, for all the money there, it's a tough town. I passed on a BB staple blue SC and what I think were some BNWoT BB suits (one still had basting on the shoulders). Unfortunately all the labels were cut out, including the interior pockets the labels were attached to! Anyway, I picked up some EZ dark green wide wale cords for myself.

These are all for ebay, so N/A.

Harley Davidson cafe racer jacket. Nylon and leather.

Izod G9 Harrington

A creme-de-la-creme PRL: a caramel leather bomber jacket with cotton lining and shearling fur trim.
It is SUBSTANTIAL in its construction and super heavy. The hood is a work of engineering genius: it has buttons set along it so you can button the hood back in 3 different positions. It has a zipper plus a 4-inch button up storm flap. I think this is up there with the PRL vest that was just posted.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, don't stroke my ego, I'm going to get nostalgic...
hey no hate dm7 but i've looked at that infographic for nSuited probably 5 times and I still have no clue what your store is going to be doing.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which ski area? I've been to Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. Beautiful place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members