• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Toscano is flippable? Says made in Italy and I recall seeing it at Nordstrom...

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
60/40 Silk/Cotton Brioni tie - 7/10 condition (small indentation in the fabric on the front and inkspot on the back) but still wearable and it's Brioni so I couldn't leave it behind. Anyone want this for cost+shipping?

Just in time for winter, Sperry x Band of Outsiders in my size:

and this:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16.5 shirt lot here - scored yesterday. Happy to trade or charge my costs plus a nickel for the lot as one group.

A lot of blue shirts here if anybody wants.

Miu Miu light blue short sleeve shirt 16.5
Paul Smith London made in Italy light blue dress shirt 16.5
Thomas Pink blue dress shirt 16.5
Thomas Pink teal / blue dress shirt Sea Island 16.5
Armani Collezioni blue dress shirt 16.5
Burberry London dress shirt 16.5
Ralph Lauren Purple Label shirt SZ L - measures 16.5
Canali dress shirt 16.5

All pics in a spoiler to prevent a long looking post!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
First time every thrifting today... I can see how this can be addictive. Not as good as some of you guys, but found a really nice Loro Piana Dress Shirt 15 3/4 x 33 (maybe 34). Really nice buttons and in good condition. Unfortunately too big for me.

Also found but passed on a J.Press Blazer, a bunch of Hickey Freeman Blazers and a Brooks Brothers 1 Btn Tux (Silver Brooks Brothers Label, Hand Made). Should I have picked this stuff up to toss on the B&S section / Ebay? Each item was $10 or under....

P1180780.jpg

P1180774.jpg

P1180781.jpg

P1180785.jpg
I think I did OK.....funny as I've only found 2 other Loro Piana Shirts and 1 other Silver Label Brooks Brothers in the last year and a half. Not a bad first day.....

Where is DM7's first post
nest.gif
I know I quoted it a few weeks ago
lol8[1].gif
Amazing what you can do with some effort and dedication and not expect everything handed to you.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trad thrift fit:

Brooks Brothers sack
Brooks Brothers OCBD
Brooks Brothers flannels
Chipp tie
AE Sanfords

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
THRIFT FIRST: Gant 'The Rugger' pop-over green-ish-brown-ish-white-ish plaid thingie. XL but may fit slim, who knows. Pretty sweet.

I can't believe BoO, Unis, Naked and Famous, etc continues to surface. :slayer:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What color is label on the gant? Even some of the not so great used "The Rugger" moniker I do believe.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dig got me curious and I went back in time to almost this date 6 years ago to dig up my first post in this thread. I remember this day pretty well too.

Swung by the Goodwill after work today - picked up some good stuff.

- Thomas Pink shirt (blue with green check) 16.5 34/35

- Tailor and Son Sportswear sweater...gourgeous red with tan/brown argyle (Made in Italy) Anyone ever heard of this name?

- Alea white/blue check shirt (size 41)

- four cream Corneliani shirts, all NWT (size 39, but fit me)

- Edri Pisano lime green/pink dress shirt. STUNNING shirt (size 16)

- Joseph's Cloak brown with light blue stripes, french cuff (size 41)

All shirts were $4.99

- Tan 3 button wool blazer by Satoria Battisti (below the name is says Albiate -mi- Italia) Anyone heard of this name? Very high quality blazer with hand picking and gorgeous gold silk lining. $8.99

Also picked up a pair of Rogers LS 3/5a studio monitors for $3.99 a piece. Sound AMAZING. The guy obviously took great care of these. Snagged a few lps as well for .99 a piece. All VG+ to NM They were:

- Niel Merryweather, John Richardson and Boers self-titled. Awesome psych lp

- Niel Merryweather - Kryptonite

- Uriah Heep - self-titled

- Deep Purple - Shades of Deep Purple

Hopin for a day just as good tomorrow!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dig got me curious and I went back in time to almost this date 6 years ago to dig up my first post in this thread. I remember this day pretty well too.

Post 514?!?! :worship2: You're a charter member of the thread! At least you posted up some good stuff. :slayer:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the weirdest ugliest cords I've ever seen - Marithé et François Girbaud sample

I guess you put the label on the inside of your pants when they're this bad?

EZ windbreaker

I don't remember having ever seen Malo on this thread, and I've only come across it once. I found a buttery soft linen button down about a year ago, but this time I found a cashmere SC...

functional cuffs

cashmere/silk

dual vents

damnit, be a 50!

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't remember having ever seen Malo on this thread, and I've only come across it once. I found a buttery soft linen button down about a year ago, but this time I found a cashmere SC...

^^^$$$$$$ - I found two Malo sweaters a few weeks back, they flipped very nicely. Insanely thick cashmere.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got myself a Zegna sport coat 54ita in grey nailhead and a Corneliani sport coat 54ita (but I think short not R or sleeves shortened a bit) grey again, nailheadish. Also ToBoot NY split toes 10D which awfully looks like shell but I don't think this company does shell. SA shopping!

I will trade the Cornelianis, they went to cleaners today so PM me if you want, I will send pics after it comes from cleaners.

First post. No pics as usual :D Shoes were corrected grain of course, worn until this year and redonated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads