• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmurdock

Reaction score

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]
DM7....clearly breaking into celebrity homes to get clothes at this point. Out of morbid curiousity....what size is Cedric? :puzzled:

Last edited:

2010Greek

Reaction score
Thanks Dustin... you have actually been inside, and still say that....regardless of my piles of suits.

Since you have seen both the inside and the outside. This is for you and the appreciation of the group...

This is the house the very first time we went to see it....7 years ago

This is after some minor improvements...

MINOR ???? Amazing I want to be just like you when I grow up
fing02[1].gif
!!!!!!!!!!!

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that's Martin Greenfield? I was under the impression that MG didn't do all BBGF...only the ones where there's a small "MG" present on the label, as below:

Martin Greenfield suit....very nice. I really love that stuff.
Deets on the Samurai Jeans - 36/31.5 S5000 Black....these might be the nicest jeans I've handled. If anyone is interested they are available.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

THRIFT FIRST: Gant 'The Rugger' pop-over green-ish-brown-ish-white-ish plaid thingie. XL but may fit slim, who knows. Pretty sweet.
I can't believe BoO, Unis, Naked and Famous, etc continues to surface. :slayer:

What color is label on the gant? Even some of the not so great used "The Rugger" moniker I do believe.

DM7....clearly breaking into celebrity homes to get clothes at this point.
Out of morbid curiousity....what size is Cedric? :puzzled:
THRIFT FIRST: Gant 'The Rugger' pop-over green-ish-brown-ish-white-ish plaid thingie. XL but may fit slim, who knows. Pretty sweet.
I can't believe BoO, Unis, Naked and Famous, etc continues to surface. :slayer:

What color is label on the gant? Even some of the not so great used "The Rugger" moniker I do believe.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about Gant in this thread, I figured I'd share what I know, to enlighten my fellow thrifters:
Gant by Michael Bastian- Most expensive line, current, also only started F/W 2009 (10 maybe) so very recent
Gant Rugger- Also recent, step bellow bastian but same idea, remakes of archival gant clothes, think this line only started 6 or so years ago so also quite recent
Gant- Shield logo, recent but not worth picking up, along the same idea as penguin or ben sherman
Gant Blue Label- Crap, 90's, 80's, 70's cheap remakes of trad, lots of polyester, If you can find shirts that are all cotton they can be good for you but not flipping
Gant The Rugger, Gant Shirt Makers, Or Gant Made for X Men's Shop- Vintage tradly goodness, not sure about the flipabbility but definitely nice stuff. The Rugger often refers to the fit (tapered body) however I have seen Gant The Rugger Blue Labels which I think lean towards later 60s Early 70's and can be pretty nice.

flatspotting

Reaction score
Weeeellllp

I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and bought something not my size.... on the first time out, and probably made a mistake, because it was literally just a whim. But that doesn't mean I won't post them and make an ass of myself.

Barker Brown Leather Brogues 8.5:

So, how bad did I do? Also they will most likely be available pending one friends thoughts on them.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

is yours 38r too? that would be random. really nice fabric, usually canali fabrics don't do much for me.

46L :)

Are you sure that's Martin Greenfield?  I was under the impression that MG didn't do all BBGF...only the ones where there's a small "MG" present on the label, as below:

His is 100% MG.

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Weeeellllp 

I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and bought something not my size.... on the first time out, and probably made a mistake, because it was literally just a whim.  But that doesn't mean I won't post them and make an ass of myself.

Barker Brown Leather Brogues 8.5:

So,  how bad did I do?  Also they will most likely be available pending one friends thoughts on them.  

You could have done far worse. They won't flip for much, but the quality is okay--better than any mall brand.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bluebook would need more.
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (2012)
Assuming the SF reporter only covers the Thrifting court, of course. Otherwise you'd need
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (D. Thrifting. 2012)
Actually, it's online, not a published reporter, so the full date makes sense
See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., 542 S.F.2d 1137 (D. Thrifting. Nov. 14, 2012)

*Sigh*

Wherefore art thou, pin cite?

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Are you sure that's Martin Greenfield? I was under the impression that MG didn't do all BBGF...only the ones where there's a small "MG" present on the label, as below:

I suppose this is worth figuring out. Given the size of and stitching around the label, wouldn't they both be from the same manufacturer regardless of the MG monogram?

Edit: Thanks master Spoo. Is that Ver Say See tie I posted above worth a damn?

Last edited:

tubs

Reaction score
VAILABLE XL Patagonia Synchilla fleece pullover.

Chest = 26"

I usually don't find stuff that fits for me, but I had a good week:

Winter sweater

Somehow I managed to find a new Patagonia jacket amongst the crowds on monday. It's a relief because my wife was starting to catch up in the gore-tex products count.

Ties

PS and "Ugly Sweater" for our Boston Terrier pup that we're picking up on Saturday!

Marmot

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that would make sense. I just could never discern why some labels - that were otherwise identical - had the tiny MG and others did not, so I went with what seemed to be the most obvious, but apparently incorrect answer.

I suppose this is worth figuring out. Given the size of and stitching around the label, wouldn't they both be from the same manufacturer regardless of the MG monogram?

Edit: Thanks master Spoo. Is that Ver Say See tie I posted above worth a damn?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads