• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whatever dude.  I'm clear about what I'm doing in this post, and it is on the high end of thrifting/discount stores.  If you don't like it, make your own thread with more explicit criteria.

Actually, its you that needs to start your own thread. What you're doing is not bragging about thrifting or discount finds, its setting up your own sales thread.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How dare any of you question our lord dm7 he consistently brings in some of the best stuff and is tryin to hook us up with great items he could make way more selling that stuff on eBay but he is selling to us at a small mark up

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to have people on the thread stop posting of they make any money off the thread you might want to get rid of spoo as well and if that happened the site would implode

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been there, done that. I can leave again if so desired.
I'm trying to pass along some deals to the thread. Don't like it, don't comment.

Matt, I don't think people are asking you to leave. The lines between bragging on this thread and selling on this thread have gotten pretty blurred, but your post is really more appropriate in the (un)official trading thread. True, it doesn't get the same traffic, but I think it gets a decent number of eyeballs. (For those of you who don't check it out, you really should. Most of it is double posted stuff from here, but there is some that's not, especially stuff that isn't quite bragworthy, but perfectly serviceable, and also some stuff like the DM7 post above.)

People will, of course, carry on as they please. I just think both threads have distinct purposes and can improve each other.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DM, if i may comment, i think if you could be a little more specific with very high prices, as although totally subjective, would make a difference to whether it is applicable to this thread. If you are saying very high is $40/shirt $125/suit etc then thats probably OK. If you are talking $90/shirt and $400/suit, then this is definitely not the right place.

Evil Abed

Reaction score

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DM, if i may comment, i think if you could be a little more specific with very high prices, as although totally subjective, would make a difference to whether it is applicable to this thread.  If you are saying very high is $40/shirt $125/suit etc then thats probably OK.  If you are talking $90/shirt and $400/suit, then this is definitely not the right place.

yeah i was going to say the same thing. posting "what is the most you'd be willing to pay, keep in mind my initial costs would be very high" comes off really differently than "here's what my costs would be, would you be willing to pay that plus an additional 20% for my time and effort."

also: you guys might as well take pictures of your penises and post them so that everyone can decide whose is biggest.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
If you want to have people on the thread stop posting of they make any money off the thread you might want to get rid of spoo as well and if that happened the site would implode
How dare any of you question our lord dm7 he consistently brings in some of the best stuff and is tryin to hook us up with great items he could make way more selling that stuff on eBay but he is selling to us at a small mark up

I sincerely hope this is utter sarcasm.
puzzled.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads