• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I know you are ALL going to want this AWESOME NWOT jacket, but it's even too small for me!
musicboohoo[1].gif

Polo Ralph Lauren - Made in Italy

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just visited new Haven last weekend and checked out some places, but everything was being picked over like *crazy* by newly-arrived students. ...  It was a little claustrophobic in there.

Nah! It's always like that.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

[COLOR=FF0000]I know you are ALL going to want this AWESOME NWOT jacket, but it's even too small for me![/COLOR]
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
That's actually a really sweet jacket... though it looks like it has clown pockets :D

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know you are ALL going to want this AWESOME NWOT jacket, but it's even too small for me!
musicboohoo[1].gif

Damn, no way I would ever let my nephew wear anything that would cost that much. Nice looking though.

I have had good luck with photo studios for selling the kids suits and tuxs.

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif

If I had a child, I would make him wear that to school every single day. He would be THAT kid. And I would enjoy it thoroughly.

Ohh .... Did the other board die while I was on vacation?

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif

Wow... Who gets a piece of fine tailored clothing WITH HACKING POCKETS AND A TICKET POCKET for a TODDLER?!
bounce2.gif

Brianpore

Reaction score

Brianpore

Reaction score
Hey all,
I posted this thread asking to identify a thrift store suit I picked up. It's green, Japanese, and I'd love some advice on what it could be. Please check the link and let me know your thoughts.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/316754/help-identifying-thrift-store-find#post_5774319
This is the bragging thread, but there is a thead to help you identify items by the tags. Can be found here http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/h...-secrets-to-id-the-maker/800_100#post_5774251

DeadBoy

Reaction score
I have an interesting opportunity to buy some very nice clothes regularly, but at very high prices. I'd like to do an interest check on some items within this thread. I'll list the items, and the sizes that I recall, PM me with what you'd pay if it turns out to be what you're looking for. Of course, I won't hold you to this, since I haven't posted pictures, or even picked up the items yet, but it would be helpful to me to see what to get! Everything is in excellent condition:

Casual Shirts:
Loro Piana Polo
Etro Polo
Margiela T-Shirt
Dior Homme T-Shirt (these are L-XL fitting S-M)
Michael Bastian Long Sleeved

Dress Shirts:
Borrelli
Brioni
RLPL
Loro Piana
Etro
Zegna Alta Sartoria
Michael Bastian
Turnbull and Asser

Sport Coats:
Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme (38R)
Etro Corduroy (38R)
Borrelli, light cloth, (40S)
Paul Smith (40R)
Dries Van Noten (42R)
Recent, Bespoke, Kilgour (44L)
Isaia Napoli
Brioni

Jackets:
Allegri Nylon (XL)
Barbour Waxed (XL)

Suits:
Isaia Napoli (42R)
Belvest, Recent, (40R)
Recent Bespoke Kilgour (44L)
Recent(?) Bespoke Kilgour, French, Stanbury (44L)

Shoes:
Prada Loafers
Moreschi Loafers, NWOB
Prada Oxford
Santoni Loafers
Gucci Loafers (Size 7, Brianpore?)

So like I said, I'll be paying very high prices for these, but it would be a continuous flow. I would like to get interest checks from everyone here to see what I should pick up. I would prefer to quickly pass on these items to you guys for a bit over what I'll be paying. Let me know the max you'd pay for this sort of stuff if it's what you're looking for, and I'll try to do you guys a solid as well!

Really depends on the styling, and what those 'really high prices' are. Like, if that Belvest suit is solid navy, I'd go higher than black with purple pinstripes.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:( if it is still there when you go back you have a buyer

Bad news man. It was gone. I searched every shirt rack. Sorry.

On the plus side I found these AE Codys in 9.5 D and they fit. You just never know.
IMG_20120927_130703.jpg

IMG_20120927_130723.jpg

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wrong place for this. This is the thrifting and discount thread.
confused.gif

So like I said, I'll be paying very high prices for these, but it would be a continuous flow. I would like to get interest checks from everyone here to see what I should pick up. I would prefer to quickly pass on these items to you guys for a bit over what I'll be paying. Let me know the max you'd pay for this sort of stuff if it's what you're looking for, and I'll try to do you guys a solid as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads