1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlassis

vlassis Well-Known Member

Half price weekend in Vancouver, BC at Salvation Army and Value Village. Hit 3 Sally's to restock and found multiples of Zara, Banana Republic and Mexx, this Zegna Soft and tons of shoes. Have no idea what I will do with the grey Pierre Cardin's but just couldn't help myself. Vintage ties but nothing worth mentioning. The Tommy and Banana Republic are in the photo.

[​IMG]

Bacco Bucci, Bacco Bucci, Grenshons, Cesare Paciotti, B2, Florsheim Imperials

[​IMG]

Todd's, Pierre Cardin, Pierre Cardin, B2, Massimo Dutti, Bally of Switzerland

[​IMG]

Kenneth Cole, Too Boot NY, Cole Haan, Dior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pants have a 3 inch hem, putting the past owner at about 5'6.

Shoes less than 5 bux per pair. A little bit of something for everyone.

2. Randomore

Randomore Well-Known Member

Not sure why but that sounds dirty to me lol.

1 person likes this.
  3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

:uhoh:

4. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Well-Known Member

:smarmy:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Well-Known Member

We had 50% off here this weekend. I think I'm getting more picky, or sensible... I only came out with a nice Canali SC and a Barbour quilted jacket to flip and a white western shirt with pearl button snaps and sheafs of wheat across the top.

In other news, I haven't had too much time to thrift because I've been engaged in a little renovation project on my laundry room for the last week-and-a-half. Seventeen years in this house and only now am I getting to it - it's the last room in the house to be tackled. I had dreams of making it my ebay man cave (i.e. having a dedicated space to store and photograph inventory). But space was at a premium. I'm posting photos here because some of what I used was "thrifted". The wood cabinet (and a mate I have for another project) are from kijiji - $40. The lower cabinets are from an architectural salvage place - $60. The countertop was in our kitchen before we renovated it a few years ago - $0. The whole project came in for a bit less than $750.

I just ordered some multi-bin laundry baskets on Amazon last night and I have some finishing and plumbing to do, but that's all minor.

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

^^ Very nice!!

Forgot the Oscars were on tonight (not that I care). :fu: :brick: :fu: :brick:

Wowniceshirt just made about $300 off of me this evening.

7. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

^ Really nice job, FaceOfBoh. Looks awesome.

8. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Been dreaming of putting in a room like that in our open basement laundry corner

9. SpooPoker

LOL he won an auction of mine too

10. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Well-Known Member

Won two of mine, including a Brioni at a ridiculously good price.

11. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Well-Known Member

Just imagine if it affected your daily driving!

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Well-Known Member

13. tben

tben Well-Known Member

Who is this wowniceshirt you speak of?

14. SpooPoker

The best was when he won a Brioni SC from me, had a LuxeSwap tag on it, listed it as NWT. LOL

15. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

NICE HAUL!! - Just sold a similar BB Cashmere in Green ebay in November for $60

16. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, i'm caught up. Its taken me 5ish hours over the past two days. Ahhhhh.I've got a couple things to post, but ive only been out once the last 2-3 weeks, ugh.

17. suited

suited Well-Known Member

Didn't get out this weekend. I was itching by the end of the day today and tried to find a gw that was open after 6 but no luck. I spent the weekend rounding up everything and got it listed. Definitely going at lunch tomorrow.

18. Shiny

Shiny Well-Known Member

I think he means this collaboration[​IMG]:

I've got some Am. Living ties that I like. Unless, of course, you're asking Ian about the actual jacket...

On the subject of apparitions, I'd like to share something I have encountered that is not really scary, but it's just weird and happens at night. I live the the dc burbs and my area (NoVA) has had it's share of skirmishes in both the civil war and probably the war of independence. I also run and with the shorter days I run in the late afternoon after work when there is usually no light.

More than once I see this guy wearing a white gown (to the middle thigh) and walking out of the corner of my eye. He has long disheveled hair and is looking straight ahead. This road I run by has those waist high concrete dividers that separate both sides of traffic. I've seen him straddle the divider to overcome it but he will use his lead leg to go over it frontward, while maintaining his vision straight ahead. Kinda the opposite of how you would straddle a horse, if that makes sense. When I look right at him, he is gone. I only see him out of the corner of my eye. Also, he never looks at me he's just walking straight ahead.

Now, I've thought maybe he was in a military hospital during wartime. I've wanted to research whether white gowns were worn in hospitals during the civil war, for example. Also, I've thought that everyone during civil war time had short hair but I'm not sure. I do know that most of the civil war guys had facial hair. I can't tell if this guy has facial hair. That's it.

19. tben

tben Well-Known Member

I don't have any haunting stories...sorry... [​IMG]

Online thrift bags.

Around $29 shipped for all. The RLPL was 4.99. The battistoni is mine, but the others are available if anyone is interested. The RLPL was for resale.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more online thrifts brags.
    Allegri half-trench...is this a mens or a womens?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NWT JV USA Medium
    [​IMG]

Ran some errands and poked my head into a Platos closet. Don't usually do that.

BOO Size Large Available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One store on Friday.

Some kind of collectors Lucky Brand jeans? I don't know, I am just hoping some guy that buys up true religion will take a shot on these.
    [​IMG]

Royal Tweed, Churchs Size 8uk 9us? Available
    [​IMG]
    Not flaking, pictures attempting to enhance the creases.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RT, Boss x2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Missing two sleeve buttons.
    Burberrys Made in the USA-16.5, NM 15.5,
    Vittorio Marchesi?? 15.5 Slim, pretty awesome linen shirt, know nothing on the brand
    , according to the website this shirt is about 165 Euros
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NWT Elie Tahari Shirt A Large? I think.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NWT Brooks Brothers Sweater, Size Medium
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NWT RLPL Polo, Size Medium Available
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. dexconstruct

dexconstruct Well-Known Member

Quote: Damn I passed up a cashmere sweater exactly like this one, except it only had the white tag with red writing. I was 99% sure it was vintage Brooks Brothers but I was worried it wouldn't flip without the tag. It was in my cart and everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.