• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Shop the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFHansen

Reaction score
Check out this stunner I just picked up! Reunited all three pieces. No price on any of them, got it up to the register and the cashier asked if $12 was a fair price. 😝 And it’s dual vented! View attachment 2195777 I’m guessing late 70s early 80s, back when Chaps was still incredible and carried in Barney’s.

Looks amazing, and it almost fits you. Handsome cut on jacket and pants. The jacket looks quite long, and in a good way.

BTW, I had you in mind when I left behind some beat up Rick Owens sneakers at a flea market last weekend. Don't worry, they weren't worth the asking price.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing, and it almost fits you. Handsome cut on jacket and pants. The jacket looks quite long, and in a good way.

BTW, I had you in mind when I left behind some beat up Rick Owens sneakers at a flea market last weekend. Don't worry, they weren't worth the asking price.
Thanks broski! Yeah the sleeves could be let down like 1/4-1/2" and the pants are a smidge too tight, but all the more to cut back on the booze to get ready for hot boyz summer. :p I probably wont bother with the sleeves, but I can def shed a pound or two haha. Funny because I just listed a VTG Polo plaid 3 piece today that was in my collection but never quite fit. One in, one out as they say.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this maker in a long while and I snagged 2x pairs:

SANTONI555_ISEEYOU.jpg

Need some work and conditioning but the underlying leather is still nice.

vandelay74

Reaction score
View attachment 2195911

Estate sale? My eyes go to these ones first, though that first one is probably a 1960's Don Draper type sport coat with a weird green lining and tiny lapels. That big light gray plaid overcoat is interesting, as well as the Pendletony red one and probably cotton 5 Brother flannel Blue shirt, but maybe its a wool or wool nylon blend.
You’re so good dude haha. Red is heavy western field Montgomery ward. Nailed the cotton 5 brother.

This is actually a buddy of mines attic. He went through a crazy thrifting phase about a decade ago, and is letting go of his lanolin-lubricated dreams of opening a store. These are the keepers.

Need to do a whole lot of reconciliation and remediation (moths), and juggling space/avoiding cross contamination with my clean wools. Any recommendations for how to accomplish this at scale?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicbova