• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Shop the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent, sir.

Noticed that Cappelli has raised his prices by €5. Still more competitive than most competitors, imo.

He also added a bunch of new ties both to his standard collections and to the outlet sections. I grabbed a couple myself.

Tip: If you find something in the outlet section (not untipped outlet) that isn't available in the bespoke section and want it untipped, email him and he might reconstruct the tie to an untipped construction with handrolled edges for €20. You're basically getting an untipped tie for ~€75. That is if you really want the silk and it isn't available in the bespoke section.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent, sir.

Noticed that Cappelli has raised his prices by €5. Still more competitive than most competitors, imo.

He also added a bunch of new ties both to his standard collections and to the outlet sections. I grabbed a couple myself.

Tip: If you find something in the outlet section (not untipped outlet) that isn't available in the bespoke section and want it untipped, email him and he might reconstruct the tie to an untipped construction with handrolled edges for €20. You're basically getting an untipped tie for ~€75. That is if you really want the silk and it isn't available in the bespoke section.
Thanks! I noticed the price increase, as well. But as you say, still very competitive. He’s also been adding some very Tie Your Tie fabcrics recently, some of which are very nice.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5E2DF298-4BF0-4382-9837-65B4FA326AF5.jpeg

Reaction score
I had the chance to visit the shop in Naples during a recent trip to Italy and commission a PoW tie. It arrived yesterday. The hand-rolled edges are not the best I've seen (even compared to my other Cappelli ties), but overall I'm happy with the result.

IMG_5608.jpeg

IMG_5611.jpg

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to visit the shop in Naples during a recent trip to Italy and commission a PoW tie. It arrived yesterday. The hand-rolled edges are not the best I've seen (even compared to my other Cappelli ties), but overall I'm happy with the result.

View attachment 2200567

View attachment 2200569
I appreciate Cappelli, and realistically, rolled edges are of nominal significance, but that weighed against Vanda is like addition versus trigonometry.

_AMD

Reaction score
I appreciate Cappelli, and realistically, rolled edges are of nominal significance, but that weighed against Vanda is like addition versus trigonometry.
I wouldn't call that typical of Cappelli's work. I have many, many ties from Patrizio, and not a single one looks like that. To be clear, I wouldn't be upset with what is shown (not thrilled ,either) but I haven't experienced anything of the sort. My son is required to wear a tie with his school uniform, and Patrizio has made them all from first grade through his recently completed junior year of high school (11th year for those not from the US). I mention this because kids grow like weeds, which has meant a lot of turnover in the tie department. Not a single one that I have received either for myself or my son would I consider disappointing.

I'm also a fan of Vanda.

Reaction score

Agreed. I wasn’t thrilled about the edges but was okay with it then I noticed the stitching at the back of the tie. It seems the stitching wasn’t done properly and it’s starting to come undone. I’ve never seen anything like this and, frankly, the level of craftsmanship is unacceptable. Against my initial preference, I sent an email to Patrizio. We’ll see what he says.

2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowerBackPain