• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it still a thing in tailoring resale to highlight the maker vs the label ?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get more for Martin Greenfield Brooks Brothers than I do for regular Brooks Brothers.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_9742.jpeg
IMG_9743.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Voidoid

Reaction score
I remember on the vintage cantarelli tag there was the name of the company written.
Also it may be some obscure maker that never made big.

Juntao90

Reaction score
Is Cantarelli generally good stuff? I feel like the two Cantarelli sport jackets I’ve thrifted are some of the nicest in cut and lapels that I’ve found.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
e-thrifted an LP icer coat with a missing collar, anyone know if LP sells replacements?
I tried this many years ago when I lived in the Boston area and there was an LP store on Newbury Street. They wanted to see the original purchase receipt and then the hood was going to cost as much as I would get for reselling the coat. It also had to be pretty much current, as they are always changing their fabrics and cuts. So I passed.

I had managed to squeeze a few LP-branded buttons out of them one time (for my first Horsey jacket, like 20+ years ago), but that was before eBay reselling of LP stuff was as commonplace as it is now, and they got all snooty unless you were Logan Roy.

Ever since, I've purloined all the little button baggies from every LP piece I've found, so I have a ton of 'em now. Can't help you with a hood, but if any of you are missing a button on an LP piece, feel free to HMU. I have found Loro outerwear only once in years here in AZ. Used to pick it up all the time in New England . . . But I still have the buttons . . .

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yep just my thoughts. A replacement hood would probably cost $600+ if they even offered it. You would have to be a longtime customer with a lot of spend history for them to even give you the time of day in that Boston store. Visited a few years ago and they had a full length Vicuna overcoat on display in the front window. I'm gonna guess MSRP was over $80,000.

*Edit: Uhp nope my bad, it's an absolute steal at $33,000:
vicunaLP.png

Last edited:

starwarsocean

Reaction score
I tried this many years ago when I lived in the Boston area and there was an LP store on Newbury Street. They wanted to see the original purchase receipt and then the hood was going to cost as much as I would get for reselling the coat. It also had to be pretty much current, as they are always changing their fabrics and cuts. So I passed.

I had managed to squeeze a few LP-branded buttons out of them one time (for my first Horsey jacket, like 20+ years ago), but that was before eBay reselling of LP stuff was as commonplace as it is now, and they got all snooty unless you were Logan Roy.

Ever since, I've purloined all the little button baggies from every LP piece I've found, so I have a ton of 'em now. Can't help you with a hood, but if any of you are missing a button on an LP piece, feel free to HMU. I have found Loro outerwear only once in years here in AZ. Used to pick it up all the time in New England . . . But I still have the buttons . . .
I asked about getting a nutria fur collar for a traveler jacket I got at an estate sale a month ago or so and they quoted me around $500. Didn’t go through with it (for obvious reasons) so I’m not sure if they would ask for the original receipt, I told em it was a gift…

Also @Sartoriamo would you happen to have any spare zippers? Need one for that same jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads