• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Auction this evening

Swedish ski boots, Vintage work boots

Couple pair of older engineer/equestrian boots, interestingly enough both pairs were stuffed with Hungarian newspaper from 2002

Skis and poles to go with aforementioned boots

Small thrift run

Springtime BB for the bigger guy

Polo cashmere

Recent BB pants, both size 42, left pair a gray wool flannel and right a wool gabardine

Late dinner due to the auction - leftover antipasta plate from wedding tasting

MikeChevelle

Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Good job, and welcome back!
Try and see if using an insert wouldn't help matters.

The issue with them running big is that (and excuse my lack of correct terms) on top of the foot in front of the lace, when you step...where that has broken in over the years kinda sharply hits me high up the metatarsals instead of down where the metatarsals/phalange joint is.... if that makes sense.

Though I will say in the 5 or so days I have worn them it seems to have gotten better..a bit...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge shout out to @impuntura for a sweet trade on that Gieves and Hawkes safari coat he posted a while back. Fits perfectly! :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:
Also a huge shout out to aging in rhythm for a trade that included a vintage PRL navy db blazer and also that kick ass vintage Helmut Lang parka! So cool!!! :nodding:
Also e-thrifted these the other day. Raf Simmons. Should pair nicely with the Lang.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The issue with them running big is that (and excuse my lack of correct terms) on top of the foot in front of the lace, when you step...where that has broken in over the years kinda sharply hits me high up the metatarsals instead of down where the metatarsals/phalange joint is.... if that makes sense.

Though I will say in the 5 or so days I have worn them it seems to have gotten better..a bit...

You can also get little pads to stick on the upper parts of the shoe. Maybe try one of those until they conform to your foot shape. Shell does a pretty good job of that after some regular wear.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score
Day 2 aka the saga continues...
Kentucky was terrible. Today really felt like a grind but I found a few things.

Oxxford glen plaid suit

Daniel crom loro piana super 130 suit and staple Brooks brothers

Brooks Brothers silk coat

Brooks Brothers 3/2 navy blazer

Nudie jeans

A few other Tommy/polo/nautica items but nothing worth photographing now.

Happy to be out of Kentucky. It was a grind to hit 12 stores and most were just ****.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not even hitting any thrifts in Milwaukee this week assuming you guys cleaned them out.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huge shout out to @impuntura for a sweet trade on that Gieves and Hawkes safari coat he posted a while back. Fits perfectly! :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:
Also a huge shout out to aging in rhythm for a trade that included a vintage PRL navy db blazer and also that kick ass vintage Helmut Lang parka! So cool!!! :nodding:
Also e-thrifted these the other day. Raf Simmons. Should pair nicely with the Lang.

Fiiiiiiiiiit piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!!!!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a pretty good day and one flat out boss find.

Really dope Brooks Brothers Outerwear Mac Cruiser style coat.
Thats sweet.

Stuff. Talking about a grind. This is all I got for 4 hours after work.
Zane ff

Sure it's EZ soft, but it's SO SOFT want to curl up in it.

Starting to find these pieces with wear, anyone know what year this label came out?
Is it a different color now?

New Burb logo and BR

These, wool blend? Selvage, 522s

BoO

Reunited these and got them for the [inflated] SC price

same

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads