• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Update on chrome sofa from the other day.it was indeed a airport lounger designed by Stefan Sawinski for Pearson in 1964.
Flipped it for 700 in one day.

Awesome.

Furniture related: the local university auctioned off 20 or so Knoll womb chairs a while back after a bedbug scare. Found out they went for about $200 each :(

Oh well. Best not to mess around with bedbugs, but at that price would have been worth the heat treatment.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the house that thrift built

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a recent Killy jacket in spotless condition today. Learned what a Killy jacket is today.

Going skiing in Vermont next weekend.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome.

Furniture related: the local university auctioned off 20 or so Knoll womb chairs a while back after a bedbug scare. Found out they went for about $200 each
frown.gif

Oh well. Best not to mess around with bedbugs, but at that price would have been worth the heat treatment.

just toss em in a dryer on high heat for like 30 min, good to go.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tell me about it. I got a small, but persistent, bed bug infestation (that's a risk when you travel a lot), and I still have minor PTSD from it. Every time I wake up itching or see a dark piece of fuzz on the bed sheets, I think they are back.

Pretty sure my wife is immune, so she doesn't understand. It's absolutely awful because it destroys your ability to sleep through the night.

The other problem with bed bugs is you can't talk to anyone about them, because they assume you'll pass them on. (And here's the paranoia in action... Note to anyone who buys from or trades with me: my thrift stuff is not stored in my bedroom. Actually it's not even stored in my apartment right now.)

What finally got rid of them was Cimexa dust. Did it myself, didn't pay an exterminator. Haven't been bitten or seen a bug in almost a year (knock on wood).

(... and I am over sharing again.)

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the house that thrift built

]

Nice man. I look forward to visiting.

My wallet, not so much.

--

Impuntra:

LAWD. LAWD.

Caruso to boot. That's amaze balls.

Flip talks: anyone else notice that Caruso resale is absolutely tanking Over There lately? You want super quality at a great price, buy Caruso.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Flip talks: anyone else notice that Caruso resale is absolutely tanking Over There lately? You want super quality at a great price, buy Caruso.

unless its rugby

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All from one stop:

NOS BB OCBD

NWT Bills Khakis x 2

Oxxford sportcoat

Ties L-R
Canali, Brioni, Brooks Brothers, Harrods, RT Seven Fold (completely unlined, silk only, totally awesome), NWT BB, Zegna, NWT Bird Dog Bay

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... and the Zanella trousers fit me close enough to be altered. I finally have a pair of mid gray odd trousers. Huge pop for my wardrobe @ $3.

So that's my best day of thrifting yet. Oxxford, HF, Zanella, the yet-to-be-identified vintage fur, plus the madras tie and a couple of shirts for me for me, and some fodder for the road.

I can see why this hustle is addicting.

ETA: ... and I just won a Krementz smoke MOP shirt stud and cufflink set for under $30 shipped. Maybe I should get a Powerball ticket ...

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wallet is gonna hate me.....

Mine too...cuz I'm seriously debating waiting until it drops to see the prices. I want (need) a new turntable now - my B&O ain't cutting it - but I can wait a bit.

Update on chrome sofa from the other day.it was indeed a airport lounger designed by Stefan Sawinski for Pearson in 1964.
Flipped it for 700 in one day.

Damn, every once in a while I call it right. Nice find, nice flip.

Dating myself, but airports and flying in general used to be so cool. It sort of still is, but not like the olden tymes.

Dig:

Information desk, Trans World Airlines Terminal, John F. Kennedy Airport, New York, New York. Photo by Balthazar Korab, ca 1956.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wallet, not so much.

--

Impuntra:

LAWD. LAWD.

Caruso to boot. That's amaze balls.

Frenchy, you hear that? Its doing terrible over there. Just sell to me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads