• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd put my hand up, but........ there is a pair of 80's Kawasaki's for $200 each locally. the catch? - they were under snow.......(waterlogged) rebuild before starting.... *sigh*
might kop one.... $200 is decent for a first bike.

quick sums, 10K body. (max) 2k for repro interior. engine rebuild kit has to be under 3k. and you have a fun puzzle for a week.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
what else? Brake lines,Discs/pads master cylinder, hub bearings, universal joints, suspension components,repro exhaust, and all the small bits that you always forget to order.......
all the info to help is online. sometimes a picture can scare you away, but sometimes it can be more honest than a shiny polished turd. yes, it is super rough, but you'd need to rebuild any car from that time to do it properly. - I see a skeleton, and 3 months work. something gorgeous at the end. and when the grails dry up? this will be worth the investment
For $200? To learn to tinker, why not? Kawas are relatively popular and parts shouldn't be an issue to grab. What model? KZ?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having talked with @Thrift Vader the past few days, and we're on the topic of cars, here's my ongoing project. My first car, bought in highschool at $450 (local thrift???). 1984 Cutlass with 63,XXX original miles. Drove it throughout high school with the bogged down Olds 305 then I needed something a little more. Upgrades include repaint, engine swap (SB350 block bought for $200 (steal)), transmission swap (rebuilt TH350), etc etc. It's my baby and I will never let it go. Now it's strictly a fair weather cruiser. **Note original rims, not that DUB bull**** :)
So sick. I had an opportunity to buy an 83 SS a few years ago for $1000, 80's brown with a cream interior. Still kicking myself for that one but I was poor at the time.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
For $200? To learn to tinker, why not? Kawas are relatively popular and parts shouldn't be an issue to grab. What model? KZ?

haha, my bad.... long time no check. they are both Honda "Nighthawk" 650's. like this one:

except they are covered in saddlebags, fairings,dirt,etc. i see some fun when i look at them. (Gold/metalflake???? GULF Race colors?????? )
still, a good kop for $200 each, there are bikes hidden everywhere in garages around here. sometime soon.......

And your engine is FRESH as F#ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sick. I had an opportunity to buy an 83 SS a few years ago for $1000, 80's brown with a cream interior. Still kicking myself for that one but I was poor at the time.
These mid 80's muscle cars are making a subtle comeback, quote me :)

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These mid 80's muscle cars are making a subtle comeback, quote me :)

No ****, I walked past a mint late 80's gray with black ragtop Mustang 5.0 a few days ago and thought I looked awesome. :crazy:

Doomsticks

Reaction score
As a person Who has never held the steering wheel of a car, I must say this new direction of the thread is...super entertaining..

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having talked with @Thrift Vader the past few days, and we're on the topic of cars, here's my ongoing project. My first car, bought in highschool at $450 (local thrift???). 1984 Cutlass with 63,XXX original miles. Drove it throughout high school with the bogged down Olds 305 then I needed something a little more. Upgrades include repaint, engine swap (SB350 block bought for $200 (steal)), transmission swap (rebuilt TH350), etc etc. It's my baby and I will never let it go. Now it's strictly a fair weather cruiser.

**Note original rims, not that DUB bull****
smile.gif

GREAT CAR!

Its amazing you have kept it this long! Looks amazing, you have brought back a car you loved!

I had one like this. Years ago, I was a service manager at an Oldsmobile and Honda dealer and a customer had an 84 G Body just like this one, but it was maroon, AND it had the T-Tops and the rally wheels -- totally original and perfect (he was a pain ********** customer). I was able to buy it from him. I drove it for about a year because I had always wanted one of these in high school.

I advertised it for sale and a guy showed up and pulled out a huge wad of hundreds and paid for the car in cash. He was planning to drive it to LA the next day. I didn't ask where a 21 year old kid got that much cash. I was always afraid of seeing on the news that the car had been pulled over on the highway with pounds of coke or weed in it.

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^That's pretty cool. My dream car is a 68-72 Monte Carlo.....

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
My dream car???

Datsun 240Z with a RB25 engine.
can thrift one and build it.......... hmmmmmm........
stirpot.gif
(evil grin)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads