• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Salutations to all of the gents and ladies of the thrift thread. I have been an avid reader of the thrift thread for just shy of a year now and am always impressed by the quality and quantity of the finds that get posted on a daily basis. As a result I was inspired to start thrifting in my own corner of the world, sunny Queensland, Australia. Unfortunately, the people here are not as obsessed with top tier clothing, footwear and accessories like those in the States or Europe, however, from time to time some gems do emerge. I thrift mainly for myself, colleagues or friends and family. For starters, and for my first post here here are just some of the ties that I have found all at true thrift prices. Spoilered.
Great first post dude. Welcome to the thread!

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New York, New York / Tristate (seriously, most of the surrounding "towns" are bigger than some of the cities lower on this list)
Harrisburg, PA - Eh, I guess. Not that major though....(and not where my best thrifting is either)
Baltimore MD, may be a better choice...about equidistant. (and still not where my best thrifting is)
Wichita, Kansas -- population 350,000 nearest major City either Kansas City or Oklahoma City.
Chi-town
Austin
Nashville, TN
Indianapolis, IN
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Denver, CO
Minneapolis, Minn.
Cincinnati, OH
Santa Barbara, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Boston, MA
San Francisco and entire Bay Area -- aren't there several of you peoples?
Birmingham, AL
Kansas City, MO
Palm Beach/Greater Miami area
Louisville, KY
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH (Ohio is now dunzo. (Dayton isn't a real city.))
Toledo, OH (NOW Ohio is dunzo. But agree on Dayton)
Colorado Springs, CO
Worcester/Springfield/Hartford/Providence

Freo boy

Reaction score
Plenty of thrift shops over here on the sunny side (Western Australia) with plenty of lucky finds in them. I suggest you come over here for a shopping holiday one day!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Hahaha, I was kidding, but thank you!
shog[1].gif

Seriously, i know you are doing the fashion route, but i can't help but think you'd make decent money as an artist.......

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offering this deal here since this is where I spend most of my time on SF. PM me so this doesn't clog the thread.

So I can't count and accidentally ordered two of these from the Unionmade sale.

This style in the second from the top.

NWT Scott & Charters cashmere slim fit sweatshirt in furnace, basically a burnt orange. 100% cashmere. Made in Scotland. Size XL. I'm a 40-42 and a Large in most brands and this fits pretty well. Retails for $450. Selling here for what I paid + shipping = $70.

FYI, I will discriminate against noobs. Sorry. I'm only willing to sell this to trusted dudes who want this for personal wear, not flipping.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously,   i know you are doing the fashion route, but i can't help but think you'd make decent money as an artist.......  

Hey man, thats awfully nice of you, but the truth is, I'm just a ripoff artist. :embar: The spider painting is actually a copy of a 18th? century japanese woodblock print entitled "Earth Spider"

Which I got from this book

And the whale image

I got from a pack of cigs I bought in Thailand

Though I have always thought that real paintings hanging on your wall were cooler than posters or whatever.

Last edited:

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New York, New York / Tristate (seriously, most of the surrounding "towns" are bigger than some of the cities lower on this list)
Harrisburg, PA - Eh, I guess. Not that major though....(and not where my best thrifting is either)
Baltimore MD, may be a better choice...about equidistant. (and still not where my best thrifting is)
Wichita, Kansas -- population 350,000 nearest major City either Kansas City or Oklahoma City.
Chi-town
Austin
Nashville, TN
Indianapolis, IN
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Denver, CO
Minneapolis, Minn.
Cincinnati, OH
Santa Barbara, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Boston, MA
San Francisco and entire Bay Area -- aren't there several of you peoples?
Birmingham, AL
Kansas City, MO
Palm Beach/Greater Miami area
Louisville, KY
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH (Ohio is now dunzo. (Dayton isn't a real city.))
Toledo, OH (NOW Ohio is dunzo. But agree on Dayton)
Colorado Springs, CO
Worcester/Springfield/Hartford/Providence
Whale's ******

Eww, no Post 70 Chargers allowed.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ Thanks! For thread relevancy, here's some original drawings I made for a fashion design concepts class last semester.

The croquis I got from this thrifted book on fashion drawing.

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is practically criminal what they have done to that car. The listing says "it is complete." But, there is a lot more than a complete engine that is missing under the hood. Even if it comes with an engine, does it come with everything else that is missing?

As a car guy, this just pisses me off. I like how he says it has not been restored yet.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
That is practically criminal what they have done to that car. The listing says "it is complete." But, there is a lot more than a complete engine that is missing under the hood. Even if it comes with an engine, does it come with everything else that is missing?

As a car guy, this just pisses me off. I like how he says it has not been restored yet.

The ad says it has a '72 440 in it = trash. and a spare '71 440. you could either drop 15k in it and have a 40k car, or strip it/ bead blast it,repair the rust. and sell as is for 10k.

It's an original R/T 440 car. a great starting point to a dream whip. i just hope it comes with all the trims and interior parts, lenses,grille,etc.... "Complete'? it's worth every dollar.

A diamond in the rough. and i'd roll the dice on it if i could.
musicboohoo[1].gif
just a bit rich for me........ an awesome deal for somebody with the funds to make a buck on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members