• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Anchor Man... No? Nothing. NM

i don't know what you mean, in fact, i don't think anybody knows what you mean.

wink.gif

0.jpg

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a thrift store pick up, not an e-thrift. Well does Craigslist count as an e-thrift? Picked up this beauty for way under value, deep discount, worthy of a brag.
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Cleveland looks nice this time of year :D

Takai

Reaction score
Flea market with the fam tomorrow, then lounging poolside the rest of the weekend.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleveland looks nice this time of year
biggrin.gif
Right? Picture sold me...then the bike sold me...then resale value sold me even more. I will keep this for a while though, restore it, then flip (most likely)

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ad says it has a '72 440 in it = trash. and a spare '71 440. you could either drop 15k in it and have a 40k car, or strip it/ bead blast it,repair the rust. and sell as is for 10k.

It's an original R/T 440 car. a great starting point to a dream whip. i just hope it comes with all the trims and interior parts, lenses,grille,etc.... "Complete'? it's worth every dollar.

A diamond in the rough. and i'd roll the dice on it if i could.
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
just a bit rich for me........ an awesome deal for somebody with the funds to make a buck on it.

I think you would have to spend $40K to get this in shape to sell it for about $40K. Its a 71 NOT a 70. If a 71 has the Hemi 426, it could be worth some money in this shape because they made so few of them. But, I think most Mopar guys would tell you 70 is the last year a collector would really want.

At the end of 1969, my dad traded in his 68 Camaro convertible for a 70 Charger 440. He only got to enjoy it for a year before being sent overseas. When my parents got back and I was born in 1973 they traded it for a Buick Station wagon!

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you would have to spend $40K  to get this in shape to sell it for about $40K.   Its a 71 NOT a 70.   If a 71 has the Hemi 426, it could be worth some money in this shape because they made so few of them.  But, I think most Mopar guys would tell you 70 is the last year a collector would really want.  

At the end of 1969, my dad traded in his 68 Camaro convertible for a 70 Charger 440.  He only got to enjoy it for a year before being sent overseas.  When my parents got back and I was born in 1973 they traded it for a Buick Station wagon!    

A Buick???

My buddy has a 69 Charger awaiting 'resto' as well.

That'd be a heck of an upgrade to my lowly 72 Duster. Haha. But seriously the Charger body style went to crap in the 70s

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who are the furniture guys here?

would like to add/upgrade and would love some direction.

thanks!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Right? Picture sold me...then the bike sold me...then resale value sold me even more. I will keep this for a while though, restore it, then flip (most likely)
I'd put my hand up, but........ there is a pair of 80's Kawasaki's for $200 each locally. the catch? - they were under snow.......(waterlogged) rebuild before starting.... *sigh*
might kop one.... $200 is decent for a first bike.

I think you would have to spend $40K to get this in shape to sell it for about $40K. Its a 71 NOT a 70. If a 71 has the Hemi 426, it could be worth some money in this shape because they made so few of them. But, I think most Mopar guys would tell you 70 is the last year a collector would really want.

At the end of 1969, my dad traded in his 68 Camaro convertible for a 70 Charger 440. He only got to enjoy it for a year before being sent overseas. When my parents got back and I was born in 1973 they traded it for a Buick Station wagon!
quick sums, 10K body. (max) 2k for repro interior. engine rebuild kit has to be under 3k. and you have a fun puzzle for a week.
lol8[1].gif
what else? Brake lines,Discs/pads master cylinder, hub bearings, universal joints, suspension components,repro exhaust, and all the small bits that you always forget to order.......
all the info to help is online. sometimes a picture can scare you away, but sometimes it can be more honest than a shiny polished turd. yes, it is super rough, but you'd need to rebuild any car from that time to do it properly. - I see a skeleton, and 3 months work. something gorgeous at the end. and when the grails dry up? this will be worth the investment.

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can some of the Florida guys hit me up?

I'll be in the Naples on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, wondering if it's worth trying to do any thrifting in the Naples/ft. Myers area. I'll only be going a few times (very casually as well) so I promise not to clean out your spots long term! :)

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd put my hand up, but........ there is a pair of 80's Kawasaki's for $200 each locally. the catch? - they were under snow.......(waterlogged) rebuild before starting.... *sigh*
might kop one.... $200 is decent for a first bike.

quick sums, 10K body. (max) 2k for repro interior. engine rebuild kit has to be under 3k. and you have a fun puzzle for a week.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
what else? Brake lines,Discs/pads master cylinder, hub bearings, universal joints, suspension components,repro exhaust, and all the small bits that you always forget to order.......
all the info to help is online. sometimes a picture can scare you away, but sometimes it can be more honest than a shiny polished turd. yes, it is super rough, but you'd need to rebuild any car from that time to do it properly. - I see a skeleton, and 3 months work. something gorgeous at the end. and when the grails dry up? this will be worth the investment.

i love a good chat on this topic. happy to answer questions from people with problems with their cars. if your ride is broken? just ask .....
Having talked with @Thrift Vader the past few days, and we're on the topic of cars, here's my ongoing project. My first car, bought in highschool at $450 (local thrift???). 1984 T-Top Cutlass with 63,XXX original miles. Drove it throughout high school with the bogged down Olds 305 307 (shout out @Nobleprofessor for the correction, idk what I was thinking, I knew that!) then I needed something a little more. Upgrades include repaint, engine swap (SB350 block bought for $200 (steal)), transmission swap (rebuilt TH350), etc etc. It's my baby and I will never let it go. Now it's strictly a fair weather cruiser.

**Note original rims, not that DUB bull****
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.