• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official STYLEFORUM x DENIMBAR Party! Friday Feb. 8th

Godmother

Reaction score
Godmother here....the Denimafia had a great time. It was nice to be join the DenimBar ( the other family ) for the " sit down ". No seriously..thank you Mauro and all the DenimBar family for hosting a great party. It was geat to meet so many SF members trying on denim, having a drink, and getting to know many of you. It is nice to put face to SF names ( but now your true identity has been revealed ). For all past and newly " Made Men & Ladies " who rocked 5EP....we really appreciate it and thank you for everything. Hitman and Little Hitman enjoyed the party too...We hope to come down again for the next party. Please PM me and posts pics of your jean now and in a while to see how they " grow ". Thanks again...we had a GREAT time !!!!
worship.gif

SpAwN666

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HATORI HANZO
Please post some pics from last night. There were some sick fits. Dondi207, Dave, King1986, Alfaludi, Kronik, Wally, Brett and lost in va to name a few. I swear the only other time I have been in a room with more panerai's is when I go to Liljenquist and Bekstead we should have got a group wrist shot.

We met last night, I loved your 1950. I should have spent more time checking out wrists cause yours and mine where the only ones I saw.

Great party, great food, really well put together by the Denim Bar. My brother won the Nudies in the drawing, I was jealous.

dsholmes1

Reaction score
BIG THANK YOU to Mauro, Brett and the denimbar staff. The party was sofa-king amazing and fun; I had a blast. It was great to finally meet all you guys and gals and I hope we do we will continue to put together more meetups for the SF members in the area.

Mauro, YOU ROCK. Cannot thank you enough.
Godmother you are awesome.
Brett thanks for everything...esp the ride back to Bmore.

=)

P.s. King1986, how do I go about running into your friend Monique? lol

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks yo7u everyone for making this a VERY SUCCESSFUL event.
Thank you to all who helped us fold clothes....lol
You guys were great and we all had a blast on the DB side.
Sorry I didn't have everyones sizes but we will do this again!

Godmother will have to come back down because I doubt if she remembers that much....lol
It will be funny to see the pics once they are posted.

BEST,
Mauro

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Hey Mauro are you going to be in one of the stores today? I gotta get my awa's hemmed. Thank's for everything that party was amazing. Hope next time my girl won't cuff my plastic lol.

P.S. dsholmes your a funny ass dude we gotta hang.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Attachment 8619
SpAwN666;878876 said:
We met last night, I loved your 1950. I should have spent more time checking out wrists cause yours and mine where the only ones I saw.

I saw two others besides yours.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a great time as well, it was cool meeting everybody. Everyone was real nice eventho it was bedlam for awhile.... respect to Hatoris AWAs too... those looked amazing.. Oh and I am totally stoked about winning the first lottery. Can't wait for my 1980s! thx to Mauro and the rest of the crew. btw.... Mauro what is your email again? I was too drunk to remember.
smile.gif

Godmother

Reaction score
Mauro - I remember everything....I just can't talk shop at midnight during a party...damn. Anyway we are down for another day heading back to NYC tomorrow. Thanks again. Have fun up in NYC. We will come down again...it was good fun..Godmother

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Godmother
Godmother here....the Denimafia had a great time. It was nice to be join the DenimBar ( the other family ) for the " sit down ". No seriously..thank you Mauro and all the DenimBar family for hosting a great party. It was geat to meet so many SF members trying on denim, having a drink, and getting to know many of you. It is nice to put face to SF names ( but now your true identity has been revealed ). For all past and newly " Made Men & Ladies " who rocked 5EP....we really appreciate it and thank you for everything. Hitman and Little Hitman enjoyed the party too...We hope to come down again for the next party. Please PM me and posts pics of your jean now and in a while to see how they " grow ". Thanks again...we had a GREAT time !!!!
worship.gif

BIG BIG thanks to you as I heard you brought more then a handful of the sf's down. Without you I don't think I would have got my hands on them last night.

After looking through a bunch of stacks I couldn't find anything in my size and it was like a blessing because out of no where a pair of sf's landed in my hands and just as I was getting ready to try them on (I was next in the long long line) Maruo called my number from the stack and hooked me up with a great pair of jeans that also happened to be in my size. Thought I wasn't going to be able to get anything and walked out with 2 pair.
bounce2.gif

Xpost:

IMG_5442.jpg

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
no one shot pics of this event?
The guy who came with me (don't know if he's a member or not) took a ton. He's in the process of editing them now and when he's done they'll be posted.

COKE CAN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lost in va
BIG BIG thanks to you as I heard you brought more then a handful of the sf's down. Without you I don't think I would have got my hands on them last night.

After looking through a bunch of stacks I couldn't find anything in my size and it was like a blessing because out of no where a pair of sf's landed in my hands and just as I was getting ready to try them on (I was next in the long long line) Maruo called my number from the stack and hooked me up with a great pair of jeans that also happened to be in my size. Thought I wasn't going to be able to get anything and walked out with 2 pair.
bounce2.gif

Xpost:

IMG_5442.jpg

I hate you <3. They called 39 & 41, but not 40
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lost in va
The guy who came with me (don't know if he's a member or not) took a ton. He's in the process of editing them now and when he's done they'll be posted.

Yes, I had a trial of PS CS3 that expired. I am reinstalling CS2 and will proceed with editing.

I had a great time, though with personal things going on at home I may not have looked it.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night was killer! Thanks to everyone who came out and a huge huge thanks to Mauro and the DB staff who made everything possible!! Those guys (and lady) were working like crazy all night to keep up with crowd!! Godmother, it was great meeting you, I loved all those funny fashion stories!
worship.gif
Oh - and the DJ was sick too, I've never heard anyone play "Heartbeats" by The Knife in a DJ set before and it's one of my favorite songs!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Congrats to all you guys that won stuff! Mauro gave out a ton of denim that I wasn't keeping a list of and I think about 50 Sugarcane bandannas were given out to the buyers too! For most of the night my headcounts where around 50 people total in the store which was perfect! For those of you who split early, I think we finally wrapped it up and called it quits around 12:30am or so. I think Godmother, Hitman and little Hitman traveled from the farthest location (NYC) but I have to give extra kudos to Dcg who by far clocked in the most traveling to end up at the party and hung out all night!
tounge.gif
....today.... all around the Mid-Atlantic..... the backs of peoples knees are being rubbed raw with the touch of new denim!!

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to Mauro and the staff at DB, the party was awesome.

I'm recovering from a long day yesterday, so hopefully this ends up as a coherent post. My day went pretty much like this:

4:45 AM - Wake up
5:30 AM - Leave the house
8:30 AM - Arrive in Manhattan for job interview
12:15 PM - Back in PA, try to take a nap
12:30 PM - Decide that's not working, hop back in the car and head to DC to try to beat the rush hour traffic
3:30 PM - Arrive at Denimbar and start trying stuff on
12:05 AM - Party's over, hop in the car to drive home
2:00 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:20 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:35 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:40 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:41 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:42 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:43 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:44 AM - Almost fall asleep
2:45 AM - Arrive at home, try on jeans I bought one more time
smile.gif

3:05 AM - Bed

Since I arrived so early, I had the store mostly to myself for an hour or so and was able to try on a ton of stuff, including a ton of stuff tht Mauro recommended that I never would have thought I'd like. Figured it might be helpful for me to post what sizes fit me in the stuff I tried throught the night, so here goes (at least from what I remember):

For reference, you can see what a 31 in RRDG looks like on me here.

-Acne Moc: 31 was too big, 30 would have been good I think but was not in stock. These are awesome.
-APC Rescue: 29 was too big, 28 would have probably fit but was not in stock.
-APC Standard and New Standard: I can't remember which is tighter. In one of them I could button the 28 w/o much trouble, and in the other I couldn't button the 29.
-SC 1947: I think I tried a 32, which fit more loosely than the other stuff I was trying on, but of course they shrink a good amount.
-SC SEXSC02: Again, 32 was pretty loose, but Mauro recommended definitely not sizing down, and said after shrinking 33 would work depending on how I wanted them to fit
-KMW 1980: size 30 fit
-KMW 2010: I've been looking for something a litte looser, and I loved these. The Ralfs I posted above are not tight, but if I'm wearing a heavier jacket/hoodie I think they make my lower body look disproportionately small. I was going back and forth between the 30 and the 31 and leaning toward the 31 because of the above, but the 30 was certainly not too small. I think most on here would have preferred the 30.
KMW Rocker: Size 29 was pretty tight, but I admit that this cut is not really my style. HATORI HANZO said he thought they looked good. For a second I thougt I was going to have to buy them and wear them out, because it didn't seem like I'd be able to get them off over my calves. There wasn't a 30 in stock for me to try.
-Nudie Straight Sven DS: No 31 in stock; tried a 30 and thought the fit was good.
-Nudie Regular Alf DS: tried a 31, fit like my RRDG.
-5EP LDB Resin: Tried a 30, thought they were a good fit.
-5EP LDB Raw: Tried a 31, too big, not surprising considering the 30 fit in Resin and the resins are tighter.

I hope that's helpful. A lot of it is kind of a blur, but if anyone has any specific fit questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Anyway, after I had tried on most of the above some extra stock came in (I think from the other store) and Mauro threw the following two boxes into the dressing room:

AWA_MASA.JPG

Inside?
AWA_MASA2.jpg

KMW 1950 AWA and Nudie Masa

AWA closeup (Comes NOWHERE CLOSE to doing them justice. These are prettier than my girlfriend. I'm thinking about buying them a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day):
AWA_CLOSEUP.JPG

Pocket:
AWA_POCKET.JPG

Fit pics coming up. Disclaimer - these pics suck. My camera sucks, my lighting sucks, and I don't have a full length mirror so the angle sucks. It makes front pics look even worse, so I'm showing pics from the back:
AWA Size 30:
AWA.JPG

Masa Size 31:
MASA.JPG

Pretty good haul, right? Except I kept thinking about how much I liked the fit of the 2010s. I held out for a few hours, but it's not every day that you can get KMWs at half off.

I was still on the fence about size 30 vs. 31, but since I got the AWAs in 30, and given my comments above about wanting a looser pair of denim, I went with the 31s. IMO this pic makes them look big, but with a bulkier top I think they'll look good (The camera height also kind of accentuates the lower portion of my body):
2010.JPG

Toward the end of the night is when things really got crazy, because as HATORI HANZO mentioned above, our team won the trivia contest. Prize? Mauro told us each to go pick something out.

32s were gone in the SEXSC02, so I decided to give the 33 a shot. A long hot soak will hopefully tighten them up a lot Interested in people's thoughts and experiences with these, as the waist is really loose. Any advice?:
SEXSC02.JPG

So there it is. I won't be needing any new denim for about 8 years.
laugh.gif
Time to start sleeping in jeans.

Thanks once more to Mauro and everyone that showed up. I'm not going to throw names out because I know I'll forget people, but it was great meeting everyone.

Wally

Reaction score
Those AWA's are money. You made out like a bandit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads