• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paris94

Reaction score
Not a public sale--limited to certain customers and linked to accounts, so non-transferrable/sharable. Came here after a hiatus to see if all account holders got one or if it was limited to particular clients. Don't want to investigate too much so as to let the company run itself how it wants to, but I got the code with an annual buy of probably $3k a year for the last 3-4 years.

Oh I didn't know it was a restricted sale. I've bought 1 outerwear and 2 trousers before
It’s not a “sale” it’s a client-specific code given as a thank you. I don’t know the criteria.

garigo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I liked the idea of a buy and sell thread to keep items within the community. So I went ahead and created one (and made the inaugural post). Go check it out!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not the black, but I’m a huge fan of the basketweave cloth. Have trousers in Ivory and Taupe.
I have taupe and indigo both of which are great. They don't have much right now in stock for MTO, not sure why.

Not convinced by the butter, too yellow. The green, maybe. I like white/ivory in principle, but I never wear it. But the black seems interesting...

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have taupe and indigo both of which are great. They don't have much right now in stock for MTO, not sure why.

Not convinced by the butter, too yellow. The green, maybe. I like white/ivory in principle, but I never wear it. But the black seems interesting...
Black trousers are pretty versatile. I had Stoffa’s black linen made up for summer and wore them a ton. Looked great for dinner dates but also on vacation in Mexico.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i had a stoffa showroom fitting several weeks ago they had me try on black basketweave to reference trouser measurements and now makes sense why - it went with every other layer tried on. the basketweave also has enough texture and depth that add character to the color itself.

Aszatk01

Reaction score
I have a pair of mid grey washable box pleat basketweave trousers in straight fit that never quite did it for me. Not sure why honestly. The cotton feels amazing and sizing is correct, I guess I'm more into the drape of wool. Just this past week I received my new pair from my last visit to the shop - similar straight fit and same size, just wool/single pleat and they're more my speed. Nick was wearing the ecru version one time I was in the shop and looked amazing.

sake99

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the black basket weave for trousers or anything else?
I have the pair of the trousers too and they might honestly be one of my favourites. the texture is great and as others mentioned, the color goes with pretty much anything in my wardrobe. For anyone else who has the basketweave trousers, what shoes do you wear with them? I find sneakers a bit of a struggle (can't really explain why, the combination just looks odd on me for some reason)

Attachments

• stoffa.jpeg
    stoffa.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 971

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the pair of the trousers too and they might honestly be one of my favourites. the texture is great and as others mentioned, the color goes with pretty much anything in my wardrobe. For anyone else who has the basketweave trousers, what shoes do you wear with them? I find sneakers a bit of a struggle (can't really explain why, the combination just looks odd on me for some reason)

I go with Sneakers and loafers. Fit looks fine, just very casual due to the slippers.

I like the idea of those slippers but wonder if I would actually wear them out the house. Have been on the fence about buying a taupe pair since the release.

sake99

Reaction score
I go with Sneakers and loafers. Fit looks fine, just very casual due to the slippers.

I like the idea of those slippers but wonder if I would actually wear them out the house. Have been on the fence about buying a taupe pair since the release.

maybe I should try slimmer sneakers, somehow with gats my whole bottom half just looks a little too bulky. What loafers do you wear with the trousers?

I've worn the slippers out pretty often, just not when its raining/looks like its about to rain

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the basket weave works with most shoes. I wear them a lot with white superga, or sweyd sneakers, or something like a penny loafer or a Alden long wing, as well as summer and open walks.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the ribbed popover? If so, care to share photos? Going to bite the bullet and order something in brick cashmere since I’ve been eyeing it since it dropped. Going to be either the popover, knit shirt or side button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads