• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thehaag

Reaction score
they appear very similar to the bayfields. i guess with less tannish hues for the eastham

anyone have or seen both bayfiels vs eastham and can provide a review?

I tried on both and went with the Eastham's. Both are light washes but the Bayfield's are considerably lighter...almost like a stonewash. So that's why I went with the Eastham's. As far as the weight, they're super soft and comfortable. Perfect for summer weather. To me, definitely worth the extra $60.

And like Cooly said, the pics online aren't accurate. There's no stitching on the back pockets and the front pocket has the RRL stitching.

I'd say Mr Porter gives a better idea of how the Bayfield's look in person:

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/rrl/slim-fit-washed-selvedge-denim-jeans/662381?ppv=2

PCFIVEZ

Reaction score

For those of you who want to get in touch with their inner "Bane" this jacket is on EBay listed under Double R.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUBLE-R-RA...992629?hash=item35fb1918b5:g:8DQAAOSwPc9WwLiy

Perfect for fighting the cold and Batman.

now whoever won this coat is trying to sell it for more than double what he paid for it a couple months ago. didnt even bother taking new pics...just used the same pics from original auction thinking we wouldnt notice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...937521?hash=item3d17101ef1:g:xg4AAOSw-RRXCoTq

Last edited:

walds11

Reaction score

I tried on both and went with the Eastham's. Both are light washes but the Bayfield's are considerably lighter...almost like a stonewash. So that's why I went with the Eastham's. As far as the weight, they're super soft and comfortable. Perfect for summer weather. To me, definitely worth the extra $60.

And like Cooly said, the pics online aren't accurate. There's no stitching on the back pockets and the front pocket has the RRL stitching. 

I'd say Mr Porter gives a better idea of how the Bayfield's look in person: 

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/rrl/slim-fit-washed-selvedge-denim-jeans/662381?ppv=2

pretty interesting... RRL sample coat with a tag that says "property of ralph lauren library".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...055376?hash=item1a12d45690:g:w3cAAOSwubRXJtev

I wouldn't say the Bayfields are like a stonewash. Mr. Porter's pics of the Bayfields depict them lighter than they actually area. Here are pics of my Bayfields...

The faded areas of the Bayfields are slightly lighter than the faded areas of the Easthams. Other than that, the Bayfields are darker in my opinion. I love them and they are my all-time favorite, all-around denim jeans. I am thinking about adding the Easthams so I have a summer weight jean in my arsenal.

koidragon

Reaction score

now whoever won this coat is trying to sell it for more than double what he paid for it a couple months ago. didnt even bother taking new pics...just used the same pics from original auction thinking we wouldnt notice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...937521?hash=item3d17101ef1:g:xg4AAOSw-RRXCoTq

Yeah... It's the same guy that bought a preowned jacket from me on eBay and then a week later listed it for double and it mysteriously was "new with tags attached" .

PCFIVEZ

Reaction score

Yeah... It's the same guy that bought a preowned jacket from me on eBay and then a week later listed it for double and it mysteriously was "new with tags attached" .

really? did you call him out for that?

thats even much more skeezier than what hes doing now.

FJCruiser

Reaction score
RRL private sale is scheduled for 5/24–5/30.

What's that joyful sound?

Why, happy men with disposable income!
How does the RRL private sale work? Sorry, noob question because am indeed a noob. Is it online and available to all and just called Private, or is it in-store only? Also, will everything from the Spring collection be on sale? I have been waiting for the Bedford sport coat to go on sale...

RobearH

Reaction score
It is typically 30% and as usual, you are likely to find deeper discounts at brick-and-mortar stores.
Yes but sadly we still don't have a RRL store in Texas. I used to buy from Robert a member here but he has since gone on to other things so I no longer have a connection I trust.

koidragon

Reaction score

really? did you call him out for that?

thats even much more skeezier than what hes doing now.

I reported it to EBay.... But I doubt they will do anything. He has like two to three different accounts that he seems to use to bid up his own items from time to time also. I believe a couple years ago another member ( I think it was RobearH ) had a problem with him for a similar issue.

Last edited:

PCFIVEZ

Reaction score

I reported it to EBay.... But I doubt they will do anything. He has like two to three different accounts that he seems to use to bid up his own items from time to time also. I believe a couple years ago another member ( I think it was RobearH ) had a problem with him for a similar issue.

ebay wont do anything about the shill bidding because they make money off it too. but one thing to bring up is stealing some one elses pictures for their auction.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coat looks incredible. Would definitely wear it through the thick of winter.

Honestly I would love to own that jacket too.

i did...its a large though...I wear a medium...i hope it runs small or else its going to the tailor.

best thing is having something like this sent to NJ to avoid paying dumb taxes.

It pains me to hear that it might go to a tailor.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Did you consider if you have a little room you can use that space for layering?

And as mentioned before, please post pics!

PCFIVEZ

Reaction score

Honestly I would love to own that jacket too.
It pains me to hear that it might go to a tailor.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Did you consider if you have a little room you can use that space for layering?

And as mentioned before, please post pics!

with a coat like that...i may just have to go light underneath. walking around NYC in and out the train, in and out the car, in and out the restaurant...that thing will be a super sauna with multiple layers underneath.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads