• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aquila49

Reaction score
Argh, I could cry. The star iron ore shirt I bought off ebay had the sleeves shortened
frown.gif
The measurements were there but I didn't double check. No mention of tailoring anywhere. Live and learn
frown.gif
I guess it'll make a good shirt for Florida summers... but still, talk about gut wrenching to have a grail item be in my hands but totally ruined for me by the short arms. F*ck. Rant over. No one i know offline would understand
smile.gif

You have buyer's protection with eBay. If the seller didn't inform you that the sleeves were shortened you may have a good case for a refund. No harm trying!

I had something similar happen to me a few years back and eBay reimbursed me very quickly. If you have a good reputation, why not give it a shot?

What size is that shirt? And how long are the sleeves?

aquila49

Reaction score
All my RRL short sleeve shirts, cargo shorts and denim was bought thru online with the help of members here in terms of sizing.
Since we don't have RRL store here in Philippines and my impulse buying starting to scratch me, I may need your help again.
If anyone who owns the matlock work shirt like http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...1&ab=ln_men_cs_casualshirts&parentPage=family in Small size, can you share with me the actual measurements please? Thank you thank you
smile.gif

Glad to hear the forum has been helpful for you.

Did you get any help with the Matlock shirt yet? I own a Medium—perhaps you can use the measurements to make an educated guess. This shirt is fairly true to size, perhaps a little on the Large end of the spectrum. If you normally wear a Small in RRL the same size should work in this shirt.

Matlock measurements (Medium):
Chest (armpit to armpit): 21.5"
Shoulders (shoulder seam to shoulder seam): 18"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to cuff): 26"
Length (collar to hem, front & back): 32"

It's a fantastic shirt, by the way.

Good luck!

eczerwonka

Reaction score

You have buyer's protection with eBay. If the seller didn't inform you that the sleeves were shortened you may have a good case for a refund. No harm trying! 

I had something similar happen to me a few years back and eBay reimbursed me very quickly. If you have a good reputation, why not give it a shot?

What size is that shirt? And how long are the sleeves?

I've been trying it on over and over since I got home and I'll just keep it. Who knows when I'll see another one for sale without spending an arm and a leg. I also roll my sleeves 99% of the time anyway. It's just the thought of it that will bother me.

The listing said "Measurements:pit to pit: 20 Sleeve: 23" so technically I should have checked but I never ever ever measure sleeves when buying or selling shirts especially RRL since I know my sizing pretty much.

I never even look at that measurement when buying, only pit to pit, length and shoulders. Now I guess I need to start. 99.9999% of the time this has never been an issue... of course it is now lol.

I suppose I'll grab the next one if and when that happens and sell this one.

papillo

Reaction score
I've been trying it on over and over since I got home and I'll just keep it. Who knows when I'll see another one for sale without spending an arm and a leg. I also roll my sleeves 99% of the time anyway. It's just the thought of it that will bother me.

The listing said "Measurements:pit to pit: 20 Sleeve: 23" so technically I should have checked but I never ever ever measure sleeves when buying or selling shirts especially RRL since I know my sizing pretty much.

I never even look at that measurement when buying, only pit to pit, length and shoulders. Now I guess I need to start. 99.9999% of the time this has never been an issue... of course it is now lol.

I suppose I'll grab the next one if and when that happens and sell this one.

That sounds disingenuous. He should have disclosed it was altered. I totally would try to dispute this with him.

eczerwonka

Reaction score

That sounds disingenuous. He should have disclosed it was altered. I totally would try to dispute this with him.

I would if there were any other mediums out there floating around, but with a jacket or the sleeves rolled up it's fine. Sitting at my desk at work typing the cuffs (hidden by a jacket) end about half way up my forearm :(

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

Never thought I'd see the day where I wore, much less loved a pair of engineer boots. Murdocks paired with the carhart clydes

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone have a significant other that wears a size 1? I have a few RRL denim jkts from the sale, both selvedge and non. Will post pics when I get back.

Post pics when you can. My wife is a 0 but it's possible a 1 could work and I'd be interested..

subdivide

Reaction score

Argh, I could cry. The star iron ore shirt I bought off ebay had the sleeves shortened :( The measurements were there but I didn't double check. No mention of tailoring anywhere. Live and learn :( I guess it'll make a good shirt for Florida summers... but still, talk about gut wrenching to have a grail item be in my hands but totally ruined for me by the short arms. F*ck. Rant over. No one i know offline would understand :)

Sounds like an E-DUBS speciality - using ebay to flip used RRL items that were customized for a midget.

oynag

Reaction score
I've never been a jewelry/bracelet guy (besides watches). Took a chance on this on sale at Mr. P a while back. Surprised how much I like it.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting to see them use details across multiple pieces. I grabbed a shirt from Woodbury a couple months ago with what appears to be that same button

pn2k

Reaction score

Hey guys, I picked up the last medium Fenton leather jacket as a last minute impulse during the final day of the Unionmade sale. I believe that it is 100% calf leather which is incredibly stiff and a bit squeaky when moving about! Does anyone own one that has loosened up? I'm almost tempted to sell it on and buy a softer leather jacket. Are there any tips for breaking in or should I just man up and start wearing it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads