• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fwedo

Reaction score
RLPL has increased prices far too much, and I consider myself as a rl fan.

It's not even a matter of high price, it's really a matter of "why do I have to pay 100% more for the same article I bought 2 or 3 years ago ?" :

- PL espadrilles from 250 euros 4/5 years ago to 570 today
- PL shirts from around 250/290 euros in 2012/13 to 490 today
- Barron suede shirt, from around 1100 euros to minimum 2000 today
- trousers, from 300/250 euros in 2016/17 to 600/700 today
- alligator belt bought 800 euros in 2013 and seen today at 1750 (exact same article...).

Concerning RRL, one of my first pair of jeans (selvedge and a nice finish, highest price of all RRL jeans) was 295 euros in 2012. today, it's more than 440...

I also remember a special edition of a leather jacket made in Japan at......1400 euros in 2012.
Workshirts, from 165 to 255 today...

etc...

I am almost off for PL and RRL...(and for almost every clothes...my closet is full).

I just buy small things from time to time, but I hate this feeling of being a pigeon. Sorry I don't know the animal you use in English to say that :)

Last edited:

texasbryan

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to RRL jeans. Can anyone confirm the thigh measurement for their slim fit men’s jeans? From searching online, I am seeing between 10” and 11”. Do they stretch some? Thank you!

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Looking at the new Spring items, all I can say is "wow". RRL have hiked prices, a lot, in just the last few years. I know there isn't anything else "quite like it", but at these prices, I'm out...

$995 for a normal cotton blend cardigan?
$700 for an applied logo on a sweater?

It's just too much for the quality received, even if it is stylistically still relatively unique.

Yeah I agree the prices have gone up, but it was inevitable. Can’t expect Ralph to keep prices the same when there’s an opportunity for profit. Speaking with an RL associate last year, they’re focusing on not providing the 60% off and then the additional 20% off they used to in the past and limiting the sales on RRL. They also stated that they sell a lot at full retail without the need to do “flash sales” or mark items down sooner. When there’s opportunity for $$$, they’ll take it….publicly traded company and all. Do I like it? Heck no. Cost of living in Colorado is crazy and now my favorite brands are increasing prices season after season. :(

Or maybe cost of raw materials, labor, and manufacturing has gone up? I dunno….

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what these jeans are? Past season or new? In store only?
D6EB8CD2-3F8E-4768-A0E1-9F198B13E0D3.jpeg

styleforumfan

Reaction score
I received the ranch cardigan and was surprised at how bulky it is. I envisioned traveling with it but it will take up a lot of room in my suitcase, not to mention the space it consumes in my closet at home. I'm really questioning whether to keep it. View attachment 1892491

I just received this piece. Can't believe how heavy it is. I swear it can be used as a weighted vest for workout. Immediate return for me. :confused:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking at the new Spring items, all I can say is "wow". RRL have hiked prices, a lot, in just the last few years. I know there isn't anything else "quite like it", but at these prices, I'm out...

$995 for a normal cotton blend cardigan?
$700 for an applied logo on a sweater?

It's just too much for the quality received, even if it is stylistically still relatively unique.

Yeah, I've been watching this also, since I've been buying RRL for close to 15 years ago. It's especially noticeable with the selvedge denim, and maybe that's why they started making the regular denim, as for a lot of folks, $500 jeans just aren't on the menu. Luckily, I've probably built up a solid wardrobe since then, and limit myself to maybe a dozen pieces in any given year, and almost never need denim anymore, so that helps.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the High Slim Faded Tan Jeans on sale for $279.00. The retail price is $395.00. This is for zip fly, non selvedge denim. I just can't figure out the reasoning or justification for that retail price. Even the sales price seems quite high to me.

Only thing worse was buying them at full price when they first dropped.. That said, the fit is nice, and I like the little details, so no major buyer's remorse

braiden_j

Reaction score
They look great man. I wish I had kept mine; I returned them this morning. Had I seen your photo before I probably wouldn't have. I'm hoping they'll restock some of the low straights-- they seem like more my kinda fit. Does anyone know how often RRL restocks on the RL website?

braiden_j

Reaction score
I wish there are more black option in low straight, 99% I see are slim
How do the low straights fit? The pictures circulating online are all pretty misleading. Do they fit like the picture below? I think this wash is no longer available but I'm more interested in the fit itself; it's listed as low straight.
s-l1600.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads