• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I'm an XS in Jcrew,BB and BR, am I an XS in Patrick Ervell for its sweaters as well? Thanks.

first time buyer with this brand, so i'm guessing the current deal on PE's site is pretty good for the quality.

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cuts are night and day from J Crew to Ervell
Hm....Do they run bigger or smaller than J.Crew?

I'm the smallest size for Brooks Brothers too if that helps. 14.5/32 for dress shirts or XS for casual shirts....

stillmadeit

Reaction score
I wear a small in JCrew and med if it's their slim fit. I went with a small on the collegiate jacket and its fine, maybe a tad smaller. I went with a med on the field coat. We shall see how it works out.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. can somebody speak on the quality of their baby alpaca pieces? which brand does it compare to?

PDinh

Reaction score
Trying to find the classic club collar white oxford in a small but with no luck; could anyone point me towards one?

zzzzap

Reaction score

thanks. can somebody speak on the quality of their baby alpaca pieces? which brand does it compare to? 
i don't know who else is working with baby alpaca, but i love the material and find it very soft and warm. the melanges are incredible in terms of color and texture compared to anything else i've ever seen.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blazers are nice but my one-time bad experience with tailor and the working button holes is a bit of a dilemma

Was going to get the fisherman knit but i think size large is too big now based on the runway photo lol. Damn!

For all your sizing questions I think you guys should still refer to the provided measurements. Is it really that hard? Size 38 with broad shoulders should get a size L/42. M/40 would be on the simmer side of a 38. Knits look better oversized a little. Outerwear go with your TTS unless there is padding/wool lining then maybe 1 size up. etc etc etc

FWIW I use to own Ervell outerwear and knits in S/M but probably would wear M/L now for the intended fit. I still have 3 alpaca knits in M/L from past season that I think are slightly small (short in the body). Still contemplating selling... it would be the last of my Ervell collection. SO SAD

edit:
Alpaca in general is the best. The baby alpaca that PE uses is really great, but not as robust IMO. Watch out for the elbow wear!

Last edited:

lorem3k

Reaction score
Worked out my shirt problem with customer service. They were quick to respond and offered me an exchange or refund. They didn't have any more shirts in my size in colors that I liked so I'm going for one of the lightweight pocket sweaters instead.

The stonewash jeans in 29 ended up fitting perfectly, very satisfied with them.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, ****...quilted sweatshirt in black size XL sold out AGAIN

anyone have a sense if there'll be a restock at this price? might just go with olive--anyone seen the olive in person? looks decent in pics, but a little concerned it won't look as nice irl

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry still confused with the blazer coat and sizing.

The measurements go by S/M\L upto XL, however the selections are in 40/42/44 etc. Now where I am confused is that typically 40 is L, however they have a 44 available, but measurements only shown to an XL level (42).

So in this case, and looking at what Toasty said above, is L/42? Based on he measurements alone, I think L is ideal (though slim). However my natural instinct was to select the 40 as L.

Last edited:

whyme?

Reaction score

Sorry still confused with the blazer coat and sizing.

The measurements go by S/M\L upto XL, however the selections are in 40/42/44 etc. Now where I am confused is that typically 40 is L, however they have a 44 available, but measurements only shown to an XL level (42).

So in this case, and looking at what Toasty said above, is L/42? Based on he measurements alone, I think L is ideal (though slim). However my natural instinct was to select the 40 as L.

it's been noted many times before that ervell suiting runs a size off. L=42. M=40. S=38.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I havent been following closely enough to have noticed that before.

I do understand the concept of sizing up and down, but actually going against typical sizing seems odd to me. Makes it difficult for those using the web store who would select a 40 thinking they were buying an L, when infect they would get an M.

Last edited:

Gruntle

Reaction score
Too slow, missed the wool/cashmere blazer coat in 44 and the grey ethnic button down shirt in xl. I'm suprised so many items made it to the 50% off. can't wait for the field coat to arrive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads