• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm keen on the twill jeans.. wear a 32 in Acne Max Cash/Raw, 34 in Ervell?

Mine arrived today (Army/Navy) and they're TTS IMO.

I'm normally a 32/33 but went with the 34's as the 32's would have likely been too tight (see below re; stretching).

I can stick a few fingers in the waist easily so a 33 would have been spot on.

The twill jeans have a lined waistband and will not stretch much if at all.

Agreed. Had a good inspection of mine today and they certainly don't seem like they will stretch at all.

On Arrival

Fresh out of the box they're quick stiff as they are made from a heavy material.

I expect they will soften up with some wear but breaking them is going to require a few wears I imagine.

Wash vs. Hem

Should I expect them to shrink much? I only ask as I want to hem them but might wash them first in case.

Fit

They are nice and tapered down the leg but seem a little wider than i'd like around the thigh.

Almost as if they stick out a little, though this might be due to the boxy/stiff nature out of the box.

You can see what I mean here on the Matchesfashion model.

Last edited:

g33m

Reaction score
Are the larger measurements of the winter buttondown reflected in the fit? Or is the extra room made up for by the heaviness of the fabric? Anyone know if it fits bigger/smaller/the same as the other shirting?

mcfly26

Reaction score
guys, im looking after the unstructured blazer with paired pants but im having second thoughts. How would u say is the weareability of it as a suit? Would it be too casual| not much suited for more formal events?

Last edited:

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little more info on the twill jeans...

I got the size 32 and they fit me well. Measure 17" aligned from the back. I'm 5'8" 155lbs. A little extra room in the waist but that's pretty welcome nowadays. As Elisix said, some extra room in the thigh too, but not a showstopper. Hard taper down to a 7" hem. wife said they look best sagged just a tiny bit. I'll probably cuff vs hem.

Fabric is somewhat rigid, but not quite as much as I was expecting. If properly worn in I could wear them year round. It is a 'winter weight' though

If anone has anyone questions on the 32s feel free to PM me or ask here.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone has a pair of the black jeans in 30, let me know!

jm22

Reaction score
If you are in LA American Rag should have stock so you can try it out in person. Think they are at 30% now

Thanks, they had the charcoal unstructured blazer in size 44 and it fitted great. So yeah, it seems the tricks is to size one up from your normal size.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

guys, im looking after the unstructured blazer with paired pants but im having second thoughts. How would u say is the weareability of it as a suit? Would it be too casual| not much suited for more formal events?

A few of us have been looking for some sizing/fit experience with the current season version these but I don't recall any thus far unless I missed it. They seem nice but maybe not too many people liked them enough to purchase?

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the fisherman sweater anybody have it yet?

Last edited:

nowiremember

Reaction score
Really wish I could decide if I should take a chance on the shawl cardigan.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fishermen is excellent, a little bit cropped but the weight and hand are superb.

blazer coat sizing is basically wear your normal size in most brands (I'd wear a 38) if you want it slim and fitted, size up one as you would on normal ervell suiting if you want to use it like outerwear and layer.

Last edited:

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously?
Did you bother reading the returns section on the ervell website? Or the multiple posts about it in this thread just a few pages ago

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone ended up with a large pocket and doesn't want, PM me. Bought a M, wished I'd sized up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads