• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

triton

Reaction score
Do the alpaca pocket sweaters stretch out much with wear?

Mine arrived today and fits well but is just a little more snug than I'd like.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Do the alpaca pocket sweaters stretch out much with wear?

Mine arrived today and fits well but is just a little more snug than I'd like.

It will relax a little bit. I know for sure because I bought one in gray at 30% off or whatever a month or so ago. One in turquoise arrived today (same size) and it definitely feels tighter than the one I've broken in a bit. Depends how snug it is on you, I guess. Initially, I thought I could have sized up, but now I'm glad I didn't.
blazer coat came in, got a 36 and fit is spot-on like the rest of his outerwear (i took an XS in this season's pocket sweater for ref.)

sleeves slightly long (like .5cm) but not enough that i'd get it altered.
Any room for layering, or is it pretty slim? Such a nice piece, but I'm a no-kop diet for a while...

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any room for layering, or is it pretty slim? Such a nice piece, but I'm a no-kop diet for a while... 

I tried it on with a pocket sweater from this season on and it fit well, not sure if you could do the whole thermal+ocbd+chunky knit though.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My experience with the hats were that the crown was way too shallow. This was exaggerated by the short brim. More so, because of the shallow crown the hat just looked really flat. FWIW I tried the FW12 suede cap. It takes a particular head shape to fit the cap right IMO.

runningfrog

Reaction score
fw13 peacoat arrived today (50% off!). the navy melange is nice and thick with a soft hand. really solid horn buttons throughout. arms are slim, but this coat is warm enough that i won't need to wear a chunky/thick knit.

hopefully i can wear this piece a couple times...it feels like spring already with 70s in the forecast the rest of this week.

zzzzap

Reaction score
I got a size medium wool aviator, but I think a small would be better for me. Does anyone want to trade? :lookaround:

Last edited:

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Just got my moss field coat - I like it a lot. The material feels good and sturdy, and the fit is nice for a skinny 6 ft dude.

I remember someone saying that the moss looked a lot like khaki, but I don't think so. It's definitely a moss-like color, pretty unique and makes me like the jacket even more.

Lurks

Reaction score
I love the ervell store.

Order a quilted hoody during the sale and drunk me decides I should get the wool aviator later that night. Throw in a comment that they can combine shipping with my other order.

Find this on my package today:

I got a size medium wool aviator, but I think a small would be better for me. Does anyone want to trade? :lookaround:

I also feel that the jacket is cut a size big. But the wool is really nice and drapes well so it's growing on me. Will look great with turquoise pocket sweater that's on the way.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
How do their flannel button down shirts fit this season?

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eff. I keep near-missing each pair of Ervell selvedge jeans on Ebay. I really want a pair badly.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be interested. What is the exact waist measurement on those?

sweetjesus

Reaction score
aligned, 42cm. I don't expect them to stretch much more so..

still not a 100% sure I wanna get rid of them, actually. they're perfect jeans but just a tad small. ugh

edit2: fwiw the lightwash jeans in the same size are easily 44cm after stretching, so to whoever was saying there was barely any difference...

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
42 is basically a 33, right? Did they stretch to that? How wide are they at the bottom hem and the thigh (just curious)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads