• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone going to Northern Grade DTLA this weekend?

The Almond guys are really nice. I stopped into their shop a few months ago. nicely curated stuff. Going to order a longboard soon.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
urasawa #1

ctkim

Reaction score

Anyone going to Northern Grade DTLA this weekend?

looks pretty cool. only a few blocks from my place so im definitely going to try to swing by.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there are mitsuwa and marukais in oc. and much more limited but very, very good, there's a terrific place in Newport Beach called Pearson's Port. Really a treasure -- the husband is a fisherman who runs mainly spot prawns or spiny lobsters, depending on the season. The wife runs the store, which is a little shack at the end of a gangplank at the entrance to Newport Back Bay. They also sell some fish that friends catch and sometimes things like salmon that's flown in that customers demand. But the real thing here is the prawns and lobster, which are held in live tanks, usually less than 24 hours out of the ocean. love that place. h ere's a piece i did on them years ago.

confession, i go to mitsuwa and buy the otoro and ask them to cut it for me. just eat it there...

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question,
Future wife is in LA looking for wedding dress. Any ideas on shops to check out? not like wedding gown crap but more artisan, designer stuff. We are getting hitched in joshua tree, so something desert friendly. Thanks, miss u LA. hate u pdx. wait love u pdx, hate u rain.

and on that fish market talk, how about berth 55 ?

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
caprice bridal, don't know about desert friendly though

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monique Lhuillier in Beverly Hills, might be a bit formal, but nice nonetheless.

Last edited:

ysb

Reaction score
Thai New Year in LA for the next couple of weekends. Today Hwood blvd street fest. Ok food, lots of grilled meat, sticky rice and mango, etc. Next weekend theres more at the temple in N. Hollywood.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thai New Year in LA for the next couple of weekends. Today Hwood blvd street fest. Ok food, lots of grilled meat, sticky rice and mango, etc. Next weekend theres more at the temple in N. Hollywood.

Any more info on that, please? Best time to go? Some recommendations? Thanks!

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so now time for figuring out my wedding kit.
Im going to LA for 1 day next week to find my getup.

Getting hitched in Jtree, so some desert friendly semi casual cloth is needed. No heavy fabrics, looking for a unstructured blazer, trousers, shirt and shoes.

First thought is RTH, but I have no idea what they may be stocking right now.
Ideally I would be in geller, but this SS13 doesnt have much that fits the bill, so looking for other suggestions. Ervell has some nice options, anywhere in LA to try on?

I havent lived there for 2 years so I really dont know where to go these days other than the staples of OC,RTH, South willard, and maybe confederacy.
Any shops that would fit the bill for casual, desert vibe semi wizard wear?

And finally, where do i get a burger while doing all this ?

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confederacy

You'll get 101 burger recs, but I'd say hit Umani next door to Confederacy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just go golden state and call it a day

get the cole slaw with jalapeno **** is da bomb

zSolaris

Reaction score
So I'm moving to LA in August.

What are some places that are a must-try for food and shopping?

Also (bit randomly), any know of good areas to live in? Haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads