• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Had Earl's of Sandwich in Vegas: The Earl's Club - Roasted Turkey, Smoked Bacon, Aged Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes & Sandwich Sauce, except replaced roasted turkey with roast beef.

Great sandwich. Meat could be better but everything had a good balance, sauce was tasty, and a whole sandwich is only $6.

Love this spot. Cheap and its 24 hours so its perfect after the club.

Next time you go to vegas, you have to hit up Lotus of Siam. They say its the best Thai in North America. I obviously can't say that, but I can say its the best I've ever had.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Love this spot. Cheap and its 24 hours so its perfect after the club. Next time you go to vegas, you have to hit up Lotus of Siam. They say its the best Thai in North America. I obviously can't say that, but I can say its the best I've ever had.
Ever go to Renu Nakorn in Norwalk? http://www.yelp.com/biz/renu-nakorn-...rant-norwalk-2 It was originally the guys who opened Lotus of Siam I believe but they split. I've heard it used to be better...I liked it the few times I've gone.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
searched and the thread and found no results.
does anyone know a good cobbler in the area? i love my clark's but the soles are wearing thin now and i'd like to replace them with perhaps a traction tred sole [ala red wing boots].
thanks.

Pascuale replaced the crepe sole on my apc boots and they looked better than when new.

Pricey though.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Love this spot. Cheap and its 24 hours so its perfect after the club.

Next time you go to vegas, you have to hit up Lotus of Siam. They say its the best Thai in North America. I obviously can't say that, but I can say its the best I've ever had.

I hit Jitlada before I left. I'd say it was up there with the best thai I've had. I think a place like Saladang does a better job in prepping and styling their food, but the flavors and selection at Jitlada puts it a notch above. The problem for me, though, is that I've never really been "blow away" by Thai food. It's either been really, really good or just ok.

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
searched and the thread and found no results.
does anyone know a good cobbler in the area? i love my clark's but the soles are wearing thin now and i'd like to replace them with perhaps a traction tred sole [ala red wing boots].
thanks.

...bit of a stretch distance-wise, but Eddie's in Sherman Oaks is pretty good... Brought many a pair of shoes there for heel replacement, sole replacement, etc.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got impulse reservations for spago tonight for the dineLA menu. http://discoverlosangeles.com/restau....html?id=12724 Is it worth the drive up from LB/$? - Ive been to the vegas one, and really enjoyed it, though I know its quite a different experience. Im moving next month and want to hit some spots that I cant get up in pdx. Hitting Bouchon on sunday, very excite. Is there any other bucket list protips that I should hit before I leave? Was thinking -bazaar, bistro lq....

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I wouldn't be excited about bouchon.

mttlee0

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I wouldn't be excited about bouchon.

+1 Went to Bouchon Las Vegas a few weeks ago. Terrible service - didn't clear the tables, in attentive, had to ask for things 3 times, took 20+ minutes to get the check. The food was alright, nothing to write home about.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Skip bouchon and go to bashan in glendale instead, I hear good things from a buddy of mine who is 10x worse than me when it comes to food.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 5 orders of bacon-wrapped dates, hanger steak, brioche with prosciutto, gruyere and egg, oooooof

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mttlee0
+1 Went to Bouchon Las Vegas a few weeks ago. Terrible service - didn't clear the tables, in attentive, had to ask for things 3 times, took 20+ minutes to get the check. The food was alright, nothing to write home about.
My experience there was perfect. French service is slow for a reason. Anyone goto bistro LQ yet? http://www.kevineats.com/ kevin eats has a thing on a new spot from lazy ox dude, looks like a cool izakaya. Going to try it next week. Ended up canceling spago for mexican happy hour.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
i'd take that money to aoc

I think one of the best combinations of food I've ever had was the night we ordered the skirt steak topped with roquefort butter, the crispy onion rings with wild mushrooms and fingerling potatos. Some of each in the mouth followed by their pinot/syrah blend and you had to sit back to take it all in. It was unreal.

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
Going to Maison Akira tomorrow for DineLA. I've heard mixed reviews about the place but I'm still excited to try it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads