• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The Official J. Crew Thread ***

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone still following this thread? do you know if the cashmere they use in their scarves is high quality?

pnewelljr

Reaction score

anyone still following this thread?  do you know if the cashmere they use in their scarves is high quality?

While I've been disappointed with their cashmere sweaters, the 2 cashmere scarves I've gotten from them have held up super well for over 3 years now.

pokpok

Reaction score

anyone have experience with the quality of jcrew denim? im eyeing a few pairs in the 484 fit

Just ordered a pair of the 484 garment dyed in grey and 484 black barnet wash.

The garment dyed didn't have the japanese kaihara denim label on them. The garment dyed were lighter in weight and had a slight boot-cut flare at the bottom. Not a fan of how are they drape or the color.

The black 484 were made from kaihara denim and they were much higher quality. 13.5oz denim felt quite hefty and loved how they drape. Over-dyed black wash so I think these have the potential to break in and fade quite nicely. They also don't have any sheen on them...just matte black which I was looking for.

I would give them a try if you're a fan of the 484 fit. The Kaihara fabric feels quite impressive IMO and I've tried plenty of other denim brands before.

Last edited:

Nanob

Reaction score
Hopefully soon. I was so desperate I bought the kenton captoe boots (alden lookalikes) at full price. Club Monaco is similar in that they rarely put their regular stuff on sale. In Canada here, shoes are usually excluded from sales as well, unless already discounted :(

Newberry

Reaction score
Sorry I'm new to blazers and know very little about them. I'm thinking about ordering a Ludlow blazer from J. Crew. My question is, would the waist feel the same on a 36S and a 36R? Or is the only difference the sleeve length and bottom length? Thanks.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry I'm new to blazers and know very little about them. I'm thinking about ordering a Ludlow blazer from J. Crew. My question is, would the waist feel the same on a 36S and a 36R? Or is the only difference the sleeve length and bottom length? Thanks.

I've found the only difference to be in length in my experience. I'm borderline between Regular and Short and I find the short more flattering.

Newberry

Reaction score

I've found the only difference to be in length in my experience. I'm borderline between Regular and Short and I find the short more flattering.

Thanks. I'm also borderline between Short and Regular. Also I have long arms and I'm afraid that that would cause the blazer length to look to short if I get the Short but the Short actually felt better on me than the Regular. Tough..

Assad

Reaction score
Hi. I see that the last post on this thread was back in 2016. Not sure where else I can ask this but hoping I can get some guidance on where else I can look.

I'm looking to buy a Ludlow Tweed Dk Brown Suit made with the Abraham Moon Mill fabric. My Jacket size is a 38R and pant size can be a 32 or 31. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a picture for reference:

3033ED06-B284-4AA6-81BC-F9B0DF156A27.jpeg

Assad

Reaction score
Ebay. That's probably your best bet. I have a Balmacaan with Abraham Moon fabric and I love it.

I've checked on ebay, poshmark, grailed, mercari and couldn't find this in my size. I just purchased a charcoal blazer with that fabric and it's so nice. Hoping J crew does another run in that brown. Thanks for the suggestion!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonEM