• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Epaulet B-S-T Thread

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a long weekend yields a closet cull round ---

doyle size 46, a one-off EPLA CoM MTO in a charcoal grey hardy minnis fabric - the cloth acquired from spoopoker via the luxeswap styfo thread ca. 2019 and sent to epaulet to work the magic. the (THE) hardy minnis is crisp, dry, brilliant - shows a sheen and sometimes even bluecast depending on the light - and imho/ymmv the LA factory cut and sew preferred to the current RTC program that is almost too refined in fit and finish for a chore coat. unlined, specs true to epaulet house size 46 (~ a classic xl-ish). a true sport coat replacement. excellent, near new condition- worn several times ca. fw 2019 and well preserved closet kit since. love this piece, but the 'aces high' linen/cotton doyle i preordered ss22 went into rotation instantly and making neverending closet kit of some of my other doyle j's. $100 shipped to conus.

IMG_4655.jpeg IMG_4657.jpeg IMG_7654.jpeg

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chasing my own tail on the thread, but you're on the long hunt for epaulet x hertling trousers - tag size 36 in the medium-rise epaulet house 'walt' pattern - in a tropical weight hopsack wool (pretty sure these are REDA 120/ish, but can't find the specific order in my email archive) NWT and unhemmed - letting go my last pair never pulled into rotation. $SOLD shipped to conus. super light, beautiful drape. shows some creases from storage only. custom spec'ed with a simple no-tab button front top closure and features the once-standard split waistband that allows for 1-1.5" tailoring waist in or out.

IMG_4910.jpeg IMG_4911.jpeg IMG_7788.jpeg

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of the OG "Gable" gray flannel trousers made by Hertling. These were the high waisted variety, gorgeous pants, but I wore them twice before surrendering to the idea that they were just too heavy for Texas, even in winter. Message me if you're interested in pics. Thinking $110 shipped since they're basically new

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the OG "Gable" gray flannel trousers made by Hertling. These were the high waisted variety, gorgeous pants, but I wore them twice before surrendering to the idea that they were just too heavy for Texas, even in winter. Message me if you're interested in pics. Thinking $110 shipped since they're basically new
Size?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, inseam is 30.5” which some room to let you. See photos. Kudos to Epaulet and Hertling on these as they are one of the nicest looking pairs of pants I’ve ever owned lol

IMG_3029.jpeg
IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3031.jpeg

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in these Laidback shorts in Japanese 6oz Chambray

Size M, laundered but unworn. $35 shipped CONUS.

IMG_4682.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4683.jpg
    IMG_4683.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 47

metamodernman

Reaction score
Closet clean-out, and need to shrink my sashiko Doyle collection. All size 38, never washed never worn, only tried on indoors. No smoking, no pet house.

Three on offer: Indigo, Olive & Mink. Asking $125 each, shipped CONUS. $110 each if you buy more than one at the same time.
I did my best to capture the colors, but I suggest you google the Epaulet original photos of these colors to get the best sense of them.

Indigo:
Indigo.jpg

Olive:
olive.jpg

Mink:
Mink.jpg

metamodernman

Reaction score
Closet clean-out, and need to shrink my sashiko Doyle collection. All size 38, never washed never worn, only tried on indoors. No smoking, no pet house.

Three on offer: Indigo, Olive & Mink. Asking $125 each, shipped CONUS. $110 each if you buy more than one at the same time.
I did my best to capture the colors, but I suggest you google the Epaulet original photos of these colors to get the best sense of them.

Indigo:
View attachment 2058157
Olive:
View attachment 2058159
Mink:
View attachment 2058165
Can't figure out how to edit posts, but all are SOLD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads