• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Drakes knock-off thread - look-alikes and the producers behind Drakes

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get something similar to the green lambswool cardigan shown in the transitional lookbook, without spending £400?
Polo RL do a very similar one for £125 which is lovely apart from the fact it has a large embroidered logo on the breast, rendering it horrendous.

lineate

Reaction score
Love the idea of this thread. Thanks to all contributors for the solid intel.

I bought a pair of the Dukeflex from Astorflex on recommendation and they are head and shoulders above any other desert boots I’ve tried. The leather midsole adds a world of comfort compared to other makers.

Any recommendations for sports jackets to be worn casually in the Drakes manner, without the drakes price tag? My ideal would soft shouldered, 3/2 buttons.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair of the Dukeflex from Astorflex on recommendation and they are head and shoulders above any other desert boots I’ve tried. The leather midsole adds a world of comfort compared to other makers.

Any recommendations for sports jackets to be worn casually in the Drakes manner, without the drakes price tag? My ideal would soft shouldered, 3/2 buttons.

Barena or Boglioli might be good places to start. Both can be found on yoox at 75%+ off. Look is more italian than drakes but they nail the casual jacket look pretty well.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score

Beams +

Reaction score
Just bought these Berwick's and got to say they are a very good replacement/other offering to the Crosby shoes, the last is quite different (Berwick being a bit more pointy, almost more dressy) but the closest alternative I have found (without the ugly front toe stitch from astroflex) and at a good price, just hard to find! (I still prefer the Crosby and would pay for them if they would actually have stock of size 12.5 as they size small)
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 17.30.20.png

dum_surfer

Reaction score
This is so basic that I’m almost embarrassed to ask, but anyone have a recommendation for a merino sweater like the Drake’s one here? Something with polish but also a comfy fit and a larger ribbed collar like this is actually kinda hard to find, but I still can’t stomach the 500 all in for the Drake’s one

Trevallon

Reaction score
The Quaker Marine Ventura short has a similar front to the Drake's Fatique shorts. (They all take inspiration from the US Army Fatigue trousers I think). As always Drake's does it better. But the corduroy seems nice on the Ventura and a label can be removed. Maybe this is of interest to those of you who live in the States.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
The Quaker Marine Ventura short has a similar front to the Drake's Fatique shorts. (They all take inspiration from the US Army Fatigue trousers I think). As always Drake's does it better. But the corduroy seems nice on the Ventura and a label can be removed. Maybe this is of interest to those of you who live in the States.
I have this season's fatigue shorts from Quaker Marine in a natural cord and I'm happy with them.

AltNameTK

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers had corduroy fatigue shorts like this for the past couple of summers, retailing at $90.

Personally I prefer the drawstring corduroy fatigue shorts from Wallace and Barnes, which can be had for much cheaper. Uniqlo has a variation as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads