• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Hey all, and especially @UrbanComposition . I need a recommendation. I have a KS traveller I want to have interlining stitched into the collar so that it stays popped. I know Tailor's Keep used to do this, but they are not longer accepting outside commissions. Does anyone have any suggestions for another alterations place who accepts mail in service for a job such as this?

Right above Tailor's Keep is Martinez Tailors, who does the alterations for TK. He takes outside work.

If Tailors' Keep did it in the past, it was almost certainly Jonathan's own work anyway as he's the only tailor they've ever had.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, and especially @UrbanComposition . I need a recommendation. I have a KS traveller I want to have interlining stitched into the collar so that it stays popped. I know Tailor's Keep used to do this, but they are not longer accepting outside commissions. Does anyone have any suggestions for another alterations place who accepts mail in service for a job such as this?
Hey there, sorry I'm just now seeing this. The guys at Tailors Keep accept shipments and they know exactly what kind of interfacing to use, and how much. Jonathan is an excellent technical tailor, but not the best stylist. The two together have a great symbiotic relationship, similar to the Armoury and their tailors, and if anything goes awry, TK will take the heat and fix it for you. You can reach out to them via IG.

45bur

Reaction score
Hey there, sorry I'm just now seeing this. The guys at Tailors Keep accept shipments and they know exactly what kind of interfacing to use, and how much. Jonathan is an excellent technical tailor, but not the best stylist. The two together have a great symbiotic relationship, similar to the Armoury and their tailors, and if anything goes awry, TK will take the heat and fix it for you. You can reach out to them via IG.
thanks Peter. I actually reached out to them a while back … I was told they no longer accept mail ins for alterations. At least not on pieces that they didn’t make.

Iskander

Reaction score
Derek is already longing for the good old days of twitter now lol
Screenshot 2023-10-13 201448.png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's always welcome to come here and talk about clothes with other people who are interested in clothes.
So he left his SF pals for a bad feeling generator; albeit a very large platform bad feeling generator. I am sure he educating a lot of folks in the larger world, but...I miss his contributions here. He brought a lot of knowledge, content, energy, and intellectual rigor to SF.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derek's impact on SF shown in part by the fact that this thread is 543 pages, and Simon Crompton's is 3 pages.

And I personally think Simon is one heck of a content generator. I have learned a lot from him, as I have from Derek.
I know them both, both personally and professionally, and Derek’s knowledge of style writ large us far more expansive. Maybe Simon’s understanding and presentation of tailored clothing is about the same as that of Derek, but Derek also knows a lot about fashion, the clothing industry, different fashion subcultures and microcosms, etc… Simon is successful because he caters to a very niche crowd. That is fine, but speaks less to my personal preferences. As you might know, I have a variety of tastes and disparate hobbies and pastimes.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We must Thank Simon for his contribution but we must also thank his sponsors who helped him build his wardrobe to advertise their brands.

Yes he has a niche clientele but it is so easy to say buy this buy that for $$$$$ when one does not pay for it.

What is Simons background?
A tailor, a cutter, worked for a mill in UK?

Permanent Style might be Simon but it is not just him who is behind all the brands and labels his wardrobe consists of.

karmaguy

Reaction score
re: the new Derek post, every pair of rototo socks I’ve bought have blown out in under 6 months…does anyone have experience with any of his other reqs that they would req? the thunder loves ones look good but don’t want to get burned again!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
re: the new Derek post, every pair of rototo socks I’ve bought have blown out in under 6 months…does anyone have experience with any of his other reqs that they would req? the thunder loves ones look good but don’t want to get burned again!
Try Smartwool socks. They seem to hold up well for me.

slows2k

Reaction score

I've been buying Darn Tough lightweight socks exclusively for about 8 years now and have been extremely durable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads