• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just having this convo with my wife this morning (she opened with "I think I saw something on Twitter that might have been Derek Guy"). He's basically making all points he's always made here--and that I've learned a lot from, to be clear--and going viral for it, routinely.

I hope he finds a way to capitalize/monetize on this twitter momentum. I don't see a reason why Derek shouldn't be in the pantheon with people like Bruce Boyer and Alan Flusser

One of the things that sucked me into SF was the fact that, as a newbie, it was pretty easy to get expert opinions and direct input from people like Derek or Chris Despos. Of course, I stayed all these years for the Foo diatribes and threaks

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he finds a way to capitalize/monetize on this twitter momentum. I don't see a reason why Derek shouldn't be in the pantheon with people like Bruce Boyer and Alan Flusser

One of the things that sucked me into SF was the fact that, as a newbie, it was pretty easy to get expert opinions and direct input from people like Derek or Chris Despos. Of course, I stayed all these years for the Foo diatribes and threaks
CEsspool sucked me in also. That's where the real entertainment of SF happens. It's like having a secret/not so secret fungeon in your house.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to follow Derek on Twitter as one day he will go on about CM and why no one dresses up anymore then the next day want to discuss casual wear and creating your own style. Then another day flip to something completely different. I get that is what Twitter is for but will say I am confused on a regular basis.

MaE

Reaction score
I (…) will say I am confused on a regular basis.

Damn, that sums up my entire life pretty well…!

On a more serious note, I’m not on twitter and am happy when people update us here about what’s going on in Derek’s twitter world!

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CEsspool sucked me in also. That's where the real entertainment of SF happens. It's like having a secret/not so secret fungeon in your house.
What happens at Waffle House stays at Waffle House:cool:

odub

Reaction score
I hope he finds a way to capitalize/monetize on this twitter momentum

It's already happening. His new visibility isn't being overlooked by various folks. Give it a couple of months.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to follow Derek on Twitter as one day he will go on about CM and why no one dresses up anymore then the next day want to discuss casual wear and creating your own style. Then another day flip to something completely different. I get that is what Twitter is for but will say I am confused on a regular basis.
what's so confusing? his twitter would suck if he just stayed on one subject all the time. his opinions/knowledge on a variety of topics is what makes his twitter so good.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's so confusing? his twitter would suck if he just stayed on one subject all the time. his opinions/knowledge on a variety of topics is what makes his twitter so good.
No such thing as a good twitter. I sincerely feel that that platform makes everyone a little worse.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep hoping he would make a patreon or whatever. Would be happy to give $$/month for more articles/guides/whatever
OnlyFans or go home.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just having this convo with my wife this morning (she opened with "I think I saw something on Twitter that might have been Derek Guy"). He's basically making all points he's always made here--and that I've learned a lot from, to be clear--and going viral for it, routinely.
OnlyFans or go home.
The new platform for Clothes Talker?

But seriously @UrbanComposition you should find another way for people to subscribe to your stuff other than IG via applepay if possible so I don’t have to explain to the Mrs what I’m paying IG 5/mo for and that yes it’s another menswear thing and not some OF girl or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads