• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor Stu at Rave FabriCARE be spending the next month after Pitti cleaning spilled negronis, mishandled cigars, and crusted-on bodily fluids* out of a hundred bespoke ivory DJs and velvet smoking jackets.

*It's unusual for an off-white garment to actually kind of hide stains but hey, every dog has its day.
Right. This is what I mean about Pitti coverage needing more misery. Let's get Stu's story on the hard work and toil of cleaning bodily fluids out of grosgrain.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found it interesting that Simon from Permanent Style recently was telling someone (in the comments from one of his articles) that they shouldn't go to Pitti if they weren't in the industry...basically there was no point to being there if you weren't "working".

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found it interesting that Simon from Permanent Style recently was telling someone (in the comments from one of his articles) that they shouldn't go to Pitti if they weren't in the industry...basically there was no point to being there if you weren't "working".
Simon just doesn't want to contend with yet another man at the Venetian mask orgy that the Swedes host every year.

Thethrill

Reaction score
These jokes are:

1. in poor taste, and
2. rather un-self-aware, as you are currently reading and posting on a men's fashion forum.

I personally don't care to go to Pitti but I also don't care if somebody else decides to go.

Simon just doesn't want to contend with yet another man at the Venetian mask orgy that the Swedes host every year.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These jokes are:

1. in poor taste, and
2. rather un-self-aware, as you are currently reading and posting on a men's fashion forum.

I personally don't care to go to Pitti but I also don't care if somebody else decides to go.
Fair on the first point. Apologies for taking poking fun at Pitti too far.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having no connection whatsoever to the fashion industry, I'd still really like to go to PItti. I mean, just for the spectacle of it and also to see new jawns. Plus, a few days in Firenze could never be a bad thing, right?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pitti is a very important fair in this industry but it's also kinda exhausting TBH

x 72 hours

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This x100. Did you go this year, Greg?
Yeah that was my first time back since Jan 2020. a bit of a weird feeling. I didn't feel like socializing much... didn't go to any event. Hopefully just a temporary thing and I'll be back to my slightly less misanthropic self

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was my first time back since Jan 2020. a bit of a weird feeling. I didn't feel like socializing much... didn't go to any event. Hopefully just a temporary thing and I'll be back to my slightly less misanthropic self

Jan 2020 - the before times were fun. We were in Rome right afterwards, and said "Oh, we should definitely visit Rome again in 2021"... The best laid plans of men and mice, etc...

I have been nearly every winter from one year before we met there before No Man opened later that year, until 2020. We have a ridiculous number of unused cc travel points.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor Stu at Rave FabriCARE be spending the next month after Pitti cleaning spilled negronis, mishandled cigars, and crusted-on bodily fluids* out of a hundred bespoke ivory DJs and velvet smoking jackets.

*It's unusual for an off-white garment to actually kind of hide stains but hey, every dog has its day.
While I wasn’t at Pitti, I got wrecked at the Herman Awards (best college soccer players) and sent everything I was wearing — plus some shirts — to Stu earlier this week.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say this year was incredibly exhausting. Just nonstop. It didn't help that I went straight back to construction work less than 12 hours after I got back.
Saw some photos of you that A57 posted. Looked like all were having a pretty good time.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw some photos of you that A57 posted. Looked like all were having a pretty good time.
It was a great time! But I just can’t recover from the party life like I did in my 20s. There were a few days where I went home at a reasonable hour and woke up for an early morning run, and others where I was stumbling home at 3am.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads